Phantom3 pro loss of FPV, NAND chip fried.

Reaction score
This is the problem , after trying to reflash de NAND chip some errors hapend, I copy the log file with two trials of flashing, but some errors hapends.

So the chip apear to be fried. I dont wont to buy a new gimbal, so I ask if is possible to reflashed a new chip MSIC XY30LF1G18AC-XK1?,

Another question less important, but this is more for satisfaying my curiosity is, why not use the phantonm during a long period of time can wroken this chip? Normally I can understand that it hapend when you use a lot and never less, If someone knows the answer please tell me.

Many thanks for your support.

Attachments

• Flas13_4_2023.txt
    15.1 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: RodPad
Wow now that's a complicated problem.
Was there a need or reason to flash the chip?

Rod

is possible to reflashed a new chip MSIC XY30LF1G18AC-XK1?
Story on replacing NAND chip on Ph3 gimbal

why not use the phantonm during a long period of time can wroken this chip?
Make sure you re-read your text. Noone is going to spend time answering you if you don't have a basic respect to readers.

For why the chips break down so easily:

1. These are low quality chips to start with.

A company producing silicon typically does a large volume of chips, on the edge of possible precision. This means that many of the chips will have some damage, and will be modified (using configuration fuses) to disable the damaged parts.
ie. they produce 32GB NAND. The yield can be 70%, meaning that many chips work at all. But from these, ie. 25% work completely fine with full speed and capacity, and the rest either have some of the NAND cells damaged, or have some inaccuracies which allow it to work at slower speeds.
So 25% is sold as the high-end, full product, and the rest are reduced in capacity and in speed, using the configuration fuses. Then they can be sold as well.
As you can imagine, if at a time where max capacity is 32GB, a 1GB chip is sold, it must be the worst produce from a batch of chips.

2. The weak sector replacing capability

The NAND chip controller measures how long it took to properly read a sector on the NAND. If that time becomes too long, the controller marks this sector as unreliable. Such sector can be re-flashed automatically to refresh its content, or removed from use, and replaced by an unused sector from a reserve. And yes, the controller treats part of the NAND sectors as a reserve for such cases, so it doesn't allow to access them as normal capacity.

If a device is not turned on, the mechanism above cannot be used, while deterioration of the stored data always slowly progresses.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik