Phantom wetsuit / deal complete

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 62848

OK this drowned kiwi on hunt for phantom 4s wetsuit,
Anyone have one lying around that they not going to use,,free is good (don't know till you ask),
To buy is expensive in NZ , our $$ bit low when come to buying stuff,ebay has for $100 odd dollars but our rate makes it $183,,so I is searching
Thanks Ian-------------------ok update----------------PhantomWetSuits has come to the party with a great deal for me,,good on them,,more vendors should follow suit to support us phantom pilots,I'm happy,thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
With such a concern for the cost of an unproven, unguaranteed, accessory why do/would you risk your whole aircraft flying in inclimate weather?

There's more to precipative storms than water.

With such a concern for the cost of an, unproven, unguaranteed, accessory why do you risk your whole aircraft flying in inclimate weather?

There's more to precipative storms than water.
Yip I understand but makes for great footage,,me bit of a storm chaser,,I won't risk extreme winds but lighting storms are incredible to witness and photos and footage makes good viewing,,,I would hate to lose either of me drones,even been tempted to let p3s go off into tornado to see if it survive,,nothing like the states but they are there,we had tornados warning 2 days ago,,this part nick name tornado alley but yet to see one in daylight,big hills behind us cause there own weather patterns,,,,I don't have warranty either on me drones,if anything goes wrong anywhere I fix myself unless it crash and burn,,not matter if wet suit on or off,,if it goes down

Last edited by a moderator:
Yip I understand but makes for great footage,,me bit of a storm chaser,,I won't risk extreme winds but lighting storms are incredible to witness and photos and footage makes good viewing,,,I would hate to lose either of me drones,even been tempted to let p3s go off into tornado to see if it survive,,nothing like the states but they are there,we had tornados warning 2 days ago,,this part nick name tornado alley but yet to see one in daylight,big hills behind us cause there own weather patterns,,,,I don't have warranty either on me drones,if anything goes wrong anywhere I fix myself unless it crash and burn,,not matter if wet suit on or off,,if it goes down
Well for what it’s worth Ian, I bought the orca wetsuit some time ago and the battery seal was worth the admission price. I’ve been caught out a few times returning from a flight by light showers and the concern was with the battery compartment. Not a drop despite the whole quad being drenched. One thing I did notice were the failure of the O rings around the motors, whatever adhesive they use needs to be more effective. A bottle of superglue (loctite brand) and $2 of O ring from the local hardware shop was my fix. Not a fan of flying in the rain, but sometimes you just have to..

Yip thanks,,I just hate sitting on my hands,,yes I think it was the trauma 1 wetsuit,,I was going to ask you when I post if it does its job,and that seems ok so probly go ahead with it,,not a fan of rain myself but winter now and sunny days are gone ,you say orca is that similar to other design ? I should have asked earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4