Phantom Repair

Reaction score
I reside in Arkansas. I need some work done on my P3P. Can anyone recommend a good repair company? It is out of warranty and from what I have read I do not want to send it to DJI.

Thanks in advance.

Try DroneNerds. They are an authorized DJI service center. If I remember correctly, they charge a $60 diagnostic fee and then give you an estimate of repair costs. You then have the option of having the repairs done, or they send the bird back to you as it was received.

www.dronenerds.com Hope you get back in the air soon. [emoji106]

I think its a two edged sword ... there are 3rd Party service people and there's DJI ... as well as those who decide to delve into it themselves.

As to the DIY bit - I'm not convinced that's a good idea generally as so often you read posts from guys who replace bits and still it does not work correctly. I think the integration of so many items in the DJI gear is like todays cars ... too electonically interlocked for the DIY ...

3rd Party service - I'm sure that most are good and you have the opportunity of cost savings possibly. If its a reputable service - then I would expect a warranty on repairs.

DJI service - yes you read some pretty bad stories at times - but also good. Like with all Brand Names - it comes at a price. They should have all the gear and tech at hand. We would assume they can fix just about anything with the DJI gear.

Me ? I have chosen twice to have DJI official Service repair my P3 ... and I have been happy with results. Not cheap - but all completed fully. I do have option for 3rd Party service where I live - but to be honest when contacted - they don't 'inspire' (sorry about the Pun !) much confidence.

Its your choice .. Dronenerds do seem to get a lot of recc'ds ... I'm sure they are better than what we have over here !!

Nigel

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Thanks Nigel. I know you usually hear about the bad experiences more than good ones. I'm pretty sure all I need is a new bottom housing. If it were something worse then I probably would try DJI. I decided to use The Drone Co. Great reviews, nationwide and fast response. You know you miss your drone when you break out your $60 training drone just to fly something. [emoji16]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164