Phantom Radio

Reaction score
Hi, I have a question about Phantom's Radio.

Its radio operates in 2.4 GHz frequency, right? Is there any possibility to change its radio from 2.4 GHz from another at 5.8 GHz?

This way would be possible to use GoPro wifi for FPV or not?

I'm gunna get burned on this one. I have successfully used my 2.4GHz Futaba radio with the wifi on. Many times too. about 20 flights total. So I don't use it all the time, but when my GPH3 acts up and stops recording. That's when I turn it on, to record while in the air, after it stops. I have had no issues , or glitches with it. I would NOT recommend this with the stock Phantom radio, I feel it has its own issues and that's why I switched to Futaba.

The gopro wifi is useless at fpv due to video lag from 1.5sec up to 4 sec on some apple devices, video transmission range is also very short so its pretty much pointless.

I did some mode tests using the wifi and my phone app where I found wifi useful but I understood the risk, having wifi on will likely cause interference to any 2.4ghz radio. It doesn't mean you will necessarily completely lose control straight away but range may be severely limited having another device transmitting in the same band so close to the tx.

If you want fpv you need to get a proper setup to actually be able to fly from it and not in the same band as your control tx to avoid interference as much as possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers