Phantom P4 Pro version coming?

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Don't know why they would call it a 'Pro' version. Unless it's the Mandarin.....

Seems to be just some tweaks to the current version.

Phantom P4 Pro version coming?

Where did you find that info?

Watch near the end where he scrolls through the models. It's (i.e. Phantom Pro) is in there too along with the Phantom P4 in larger type. A couple of Mavics, like a Mavic X and Mavic Z or similar, are buried in there too. I would have expected an Inspire 2 in there too (Seems time for it.), but it's not there yet.

From the comments, this might be a plan for an integrated screen and RC unit similar to the Karma? It would settle down some of the video link issues of the Apple and Android devices. But seeing the yellow "CPU Overload" on the screen makes me think it is not yet an integrated unit and it's looking for the plug-in tablet or cellphone and how that's operating.

I don't know what they could do to the P4 to make it a "Pro" model, unless they also speeded up the processing for video lag and maybe bumping up the FPS in video mode to 60-120 FPS. Include the optional HDMI port maybe? A better RC package maybe, although the other reports of a GC300E and F model surfaced which might be better video too or at least less lag. There's more stuff about the RC300E&F controllers and FCC licensing links in the other P4 Discussion area and thread here: Phantom 4 Pro is coming

Have to wait and see, but seems something is pointing to a P4 Pro model.

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
Surely just a simple Firmware update could be enough to improve the P4 without trying to sell it as a completely different drone. I'm all for DJI to continue the Phantom line. In my opinion the Mavic was just produced to counter the Yunnec Breeze, it certainly worked. DJI, please work on a Phantom 5. A 20 mp camera with a much longer range and flight time would perhaps make it worth while.

In my list of desires, a Phantom 4 Pro would automatically include the HDMI module installed and a range of available cameras that could be switched out depending on the needs. It would be nice if it would accept a camera with a zoom option.

In my opinion the Mavic was just produced to counter the Yunnec Breeze, it certainly worked..

So you think DJI worked for a year or more and applied all their top talent and probably 100 million plus dollars in marketing, development, products, etc.....to counter a "snapdragon" cheapo smartphone drone that no one wants or will buy?

I can assure you that DJI thought nothing of the sort. Qualcomm basically makes the Breeze (and Dobby and coming Wingsland, etc.) chassis and all the others have to do is add their shells and a couple custom software features. It's not a real drone - developed from the ground up. It's a "system on a board" that even you or I could become a drone company by buying and adding a shell.

IMHO, your statement is like saying they developed it to counter the Hubsan.

The Mavic was produced because DJI always pushes technology as far as it can be pushed. If they made stuff "to counter" other drones, they would have made a cheapo hex to counter the Yuneec H, right?

DJI doesn't have to make drones in response to the junk that most others are creating. Look at Karma - some claimed that Mavic was made to counter Karma....funny stuff now that we know only 2500 were sold.

In my list of desires, a Phantom 4 Pro would automatically include the HDMI module installed and a range of available cameras that could be switched out depending on the needs. It would be nice if it would accept a camera with a zoom option.

The whole idea of the Phantom line is to buy it RTF. The Inspire 2 will have all those options, but chances are the Phantom Pro will offer one camera. I suppose it may have a zoom - 2 or 3X. Remember, Phantom is a budget line (comparatively). It's more like a MacBook Air where what you buy is what you have...you don't add stuff.

The whole idea of the Phantom line is to buy it RTF. The Inspire 2 will have all those options, but chances are the Phantom Pro will offer one camera. I suppose it may have a zoom - 2 or 3X. Remember, Phantom is a budget line (comparatively). It's more like a MacBook Air where what you buy is what you have...you don't add stuff.
Boy, I don't know...it's true that the Inspire is likely to be the upscale camera platform for DJI, but it seems like it would be smart to provide as many big-league accessories and options as they can. Selling it with one camera but making it interchangeable with other, better cameras seems like it would be a good idea.

Both Best Buy and Amazon have dropped the price of the P4 to $1059 (Although it is still $1199 on the DJI website).... there is usually a price drop just before the release of newer models... I am hoping for a P4 "Pro" with Occusync and a better camera.... and in BLACK :p

I'm sorry to have hit a nerve with you cdronefly, i guess the comment about the Breeze was a throw away comment, my real point was about DJi not giving up on the Phantom, Living in the Highlands of Scotland I'm not interested in the financial side to big business, what i wanted was a Phantom 5 with a 20 mp camera and hey presto we have P4Pro with my Christmas list.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31