Phantom line-up is dead...

Ok- perhaps English isn’t your first language. You might just read the last paragraph “Our guess is that there is a very good chance that we will see the new Phantom 5 before the end of the year and yesterday’s memo from DJI only strengthens our belief“.

Lol , read the entire thing if your capable, not just the parts that interest you ,
But you clinging to a few strands of hope are cute ... lol

Ok- perhaps English isn’t your first language. You might just read the last paragraph “Our guess is that there is a very good chance that we will see the new Phantom 5 before the end of the year and yesterday’s memo from DJI only strengthens our belief“.

It clearly says the Phantom line is dead

I flew my P4P twice yesterday and it didn't seem to be any different than it has always been. Maybe dji's end of life announcement on the Phantom won't force me to rush right out and buy their latest offering. I like my Phantom just fine and I'm pretty sure I'll be flying it for years to come.

I flew my P4P twice yesterday and it didn't seem to be any different than it has always been. Maybe dji's end of life announcement on the Phantom won't force me to rush right out and buy their latest offering. I like my Phantom just fine and I'm pretty sure I'll be flying it for years to come.

I love my P4P and was looking forward to a P5 but it don’t look like that’s gonna happen, this helps explain why they sweetened the Mavic 2 up so much

It clearly says the Phantom line is dead
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.
Maybe you are reading what wou want to see rather than what is written.
What it clearly says, is that the P4 pro is end of life.
But there's nothing to suggest there won't be other Phantoms after that.

I love my P4P and was looking forward to a P5 but it don’t look like that’s gonna happen, this helps explain why they sweetened the Mavic 2 up so much
Probably not.... many current phantom owners would like and proceed to purchase a P5 or whatever the next offering might be called. DJI would be crazy not to produce it. It makes sense to only have the P4P V2 in the current lineup in the meantime.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.
Maybe you are reading what wou want to see rather than what is written.
What it clearly says, is that the P4 pro is end of life.
But there's nothing to suggest there won't be other Phantoms after that.

Perhaps read it slower , much slower
“The most interesting part of the document is the fact that it also announces the end of the Phantom series .”

“The most interesting part of the document is the fact that it also announces the end of the Phantom series .”

If you read it slow enough you can actually see the exact part where it doesn't mention the V2 or the Advanced on the list.

Reactions: TheKestrel
DroneDJ frequently use some pretty sloppy writing in their pieces.
There is a short paragraph in this piece that's a good example.
The most interesting part of the document is the fact that it also announces the end of the Phantom series.
With the Mavic 2 already in place as a successor to the original Mavic Pro, and especially the Pro model possibly cannibalizing the sales of the Phantom 4 Pro, it would seem safe to assume that a successor to the Phantom series cannot be far off.
These words are written by DroneDJ.
They are contradictory and are not supported by anything in the DJI source material.

In two other parts of the same piece, those words are directly contradicted by other words they've written.
Especially the inclusion of the Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ is interesting as it may indicate that its successor, the Phantom 5 may not be far away.
Our guess is that there is a very good chance that we will see the new Phantom 5 before the end of the year and yesterday’s memo from DJI only strengthens our belief.

DroneDJ aren't a very good source for information.
They guess a lot and then contradict themselves.

The Phantom, Phantom 2 and Phantom 3 series all went end-of-life but the Phantom line didn't end.
All the DJI announcement says about the Phantom line is that the P4 pro is now end-of-life (they aren't making it any more).

Maybe you should recall your earlier thoughts here- good chance you were right then. The article you reference contains nothing to suggest otherwise. I expect you know that and you perhaps have little better to do than attempt to wind people up with nonsensical argument.
944E2431-3E94-4661-A50F-5AD8A6424A46.jpeg

Reactions: TheKestrel
Can anyone translate what exactly that notice (that purports from being from DJI but ....) says?

Chinese to English is tough. A lot can be read into these sorts of communiques if you're not careful.

For example, what does 'end of life' actually mean? That they're not selling them? If that is they case is anyone actually surprised? That they won't support them? That hasn't been DJI's way of doing things. They have actually offered some pretty good extended support - parts and such. So if you crash the thing, you can probably get it fixed. They won't be sending out more firmware versions - that may be viewed as a feature by many. DJI has never back ported features into older models (for example, tripod mode would have been pretty easy to back port into the Phantom III but that's not how DJI rolls).

So I'm not sure what the Sturm Und Drang is all about. People expecting a Phantom 4 version 2.4?

Reactions: varangian
Can anyone translate what exactly that notice (that purports from being from DJI but ....) says?

Chinese to English is tough. A lot can be read into these sorts of communiques if you're not careful.

For example, what does 'end of life' actually mean? That they're not selling them? If that is they case is anyone actually surprised? That they won't support them? That hasn't been DJI's way of doing things. They have actually offered some pretty good extended support - parts and such. So if you crash the thing, you can probably get it fixed. They won't be sending out more firmware versions - that may be viewed as a feature by many. DJI has never back ported features into older models (for example, tripod mode would have been pretty easy to back port into the Phantom III but that's not how DJI rolls).

So I'm not sure what the Sturm Und Drang is all about. People expecting a Phantom 4 version 2.4?
I think we are entitied to assume end of life means end of production. They must continue support- at least until the end of warranty period. Most jurisdictions require it by law.

Maybe you should recall your earlier thoughts here- good chance you were right then. The article you reference contains nothing to suggest otherwise. I expect you know that and you perhaps have little better to do than attempt to wind people up with nonsensical argument. View attachment 102990

Yeah and ? That’s what I thought the other day until I seen the article , I’m ok saying I was wrong earlier but this is from DJI,

This may help you get over it..
The 5 Stages of Grief & Loss

[emoji3]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga