Phantom lens cover.

Reaction score
My P4 Standard appears to have a tinted protector film on the lens, like used on mobile phones.If so is it replaceable as it has a fee fine scratches , and getting sun flare in middle of shots. The gimbal/lens cove is always used for transport etc,
Thanks for any info.

ianzone

**P4**
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Um that's interesting I had no such protection on mine ,is the lens screwed on with it or is it just the clear cover,,I suppose I new one can go on but I can see that mayby limiting the quality of view or picture wont it,,mayby add a picture for us to have look

Reactions: Capt KO
Reaction score
Um that's interesting I had no such protection on mine ,is the lens screwed on with it or is it just the clear cover,,I suppose I new one can go on but I can see that mayby limiting the quality of view or picture wont it,,mayby add a picture for us to have look
Thanks.2 photos today, away from & into sun.Hard to make out on lens photo the small line outside rim of lens. I also found a bit of finger print on lens, probably cause of flare.Also appears to have fine scratches on lens which would not help.
Thanks for interest , Cheers Pete

Attachments

Reactions: ianzone

Capt KO

Capt KO
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I can't see the film. Try peeling it off (only a screen protector). Not normally used on drones because of distortion. If the scratch is on the clear glass, it is replaceable. EBay, etc. Might consider an ND filter replacement instead. Niether is an expensive option.
Good luck.

Reactions: ianzone

JeffreyS

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
You don't need to use it. Try photographing without it. Or, if you ever bought a nice set of ND filters, there may be a plain & simple UV filter in the set. Replace the original one with that.

Reactions: PT7315 and ianzone
Reaction score
I can't see the film. Try peeling it off (only a screen protector). Not normally used on drones because of distortion. If the scratch is on the clear glass, it is replaceable. EBay, etc. Might consider an ND filter replacement instead. Niether is an expensive option.
Good luck.
Thanks.only just realised the glass unscrews (doh !)
Which simple uv one would you recommend. Dont think I need a full set ND at moment.

JeffreyS

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Thanks.only just realised the glass unscrews (doh !)
Which simple uv one would you recommend. Dont think I need a full set ND at moment.
Mine came in a set, but you may find it available separately. Gotta be cheap.. Of just fly without one.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kosmo_gizmo