Phantom e 3DR Killer

Reaction score
I was amazed at this video facebook thought I would like.
Its a no-remote drone with several filming modes like Follow, Lead, Loop (orbit), etc. you basicly put a tracker in your pocket and the quad knows where you are.

How do you launch it? just toss it in the air by hand!
And I wont spoil the surprise I had on the river canooing filming part.
My jaw dropped.
Check the movie, the device is called LILY camera:

Reactions: Fplvert
It is a flying camera that is quite limited in what it can do. There have been a few posts to the forum about it already. But the release date is spring 2016...both the Phantom 4 and the 3DR Duet might be released by then...

I think someone once called the Parrot BeBop a Phantom killer too...lol.

Some nice features, but obviously no video stabilization so lots of work in post and non-consistant results.

Seriously, a Killer??

This is just another in a long line of very limited functionality offerings.

Not likely to be a player.

DJI is too big and too rich to let another drone take the market from them.

Your comment isn't based on any logic. Companies rise and fail, products rise and fail.
The topic title is of course misleading, but there is huge potential in the market for niche drones that only do certain things. There may be a Lily for sports, something else for agriculture, another for construction.
The Phantom does many things, but doesn't do anything tremendously. It is a compromise of price vs. features and certainly isn't the last and only contender.

Easy guys, of course I exaggerated on the title. I'm sorry, I'm a Marketeer :)

But seriously, there are very nice features in this little toy that I (i think we) would love on our Phantoms.
- We have to wait for 3rd party developers to have some crappy version of Orbit and Follow me features, and this little baby as it all.
- Waterproof?! really?! how many Phantoms would be safe and sound by now?
- You can trow it in the air and it airborn? Its not a must-have but it sure is cool :)
- No calibration, no waiting for GPS, no time lost with prop assembly and desassembly... Take out of the bag an throw it in the air!
- 1080p 60fps... I wish my P2V+ could do that.
- open your hand and it lands on it... cool :)

Of course our Phantoms can do much more. But wouldn't they be a much awesome machine if they could do all of this too?

When it comes out in 2016, Lilly will appeal to a different kind of user: the outdoorsman / adventure sports enthusiast.

DA24C503-72E4-4CB5-AF9B-814A561BAE00.png

499?! that is great price.
I would not buy it. But I sure would love that me bird had those capabilities. Maybe the P4 will get some of those features? :)

Definitely cool, but for my purposes, Lily lacks more capabilities than it possesses.

It is a flying camera that is quite limited in what it can do. There have been a few posts to the forum about it already. But the release date is spring 2016...both the Phantom 4 and the 3DR Duet might be released by then...

I think someone once called the Parrot BeBop a Phantom killer too...lol.

I had a Bebop. Flew it twice; once in my back garden, and then in the field behind my house. The only thing it managed to kill was itself.

It dropped its WiFi connection, wouldn't reconnect, and tried to fly away. The parrot forums are rife with similar accounts...

Last edited:
The grass always looks greener on the other side...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav