Phantom 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So DJI is announcing its equivalent of the Yuneec "steady cam" option but only for the Inspire? Not really impressed.

Zoom lense may be?

....so they made a handle for the x3 gimbal combo, charge $100 more,
& market it like they re-invented the wheel!! wooooooooooooooooo
at least they could've offered the handle alone for existing inspire owners....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Looks cool.
Osmo.jpg

As for me, camera is fine, gimbal is fine, form factor is perfect. But here is what I'll talke. Strengthen the crap out of that shell. Enough so that we far and high fliers have a little less concern about cracks. Then work on improving the customer service experience. The phantom 3 specs right now are so far above and beyond the competition that DJI could truly spend time to improve the durability/customer service side of the experience. If they had that right now the competition could literally call it a day.

I think that P4 will come with the new lightbridge 2. It features 1080p feed with only 50ms latency.

How about the option not to shoot video in H.264 so it will import into Final Cut Studio without the rendering.

Having just sold my p2v+ i think i will wait a while and see what new things come onto the market .For the P4 a 360 deg camera with retractable landing gear would be fine and a built in gps traker.But in reality i think lightbridge 2 will be it and they might even call it the P3+.

For Christmas I could see DJI doing the Xbox thing: get a free case or battery with your purchase. Some kind of package deal to get you in game.

For the P4 they will peak on development, so improve on the current. Longer battery life, object detection, possibly different shape or colors.

I like how you think!!

This is what I would like to have, and maybe these are realistic!

1. Less noise, which could be accomplished by downsizing everything. When flying in the city, the P3 is fine in terms of noise. However, out in the country or in the wild it is definitely too noisy. A quad the size of a Syma X5C-1 with the capabilities of a Phantom would be fantastic.
  2. A zoom lens. I guess anything with a smaller viewing angle than the P3 currently has would need to have auto/manual focusing capabilities.
  3. More precise control. This is greedy, but I was having a hard time guiding it through a hiking trail while taking a smooth video without pausing the flight.
  4. Easy programmability!

I don't think a zoom lens will be practical with the present gimbal as distortion issues will become evident as one zooms to a higher magnification. The stabilization on the gimbal will have to be a magnitude better than whats currently used which means the cost will also increase quite significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic