Phantom 4 ??

Reaction score
After the phantom 3 news it looks like all we need now to make a phantom 4 and the inspire redundant is 360° gimbal and retracting UC. A zoom function, preferably optical rather than digital and a recovery parachute would top it off nicely....

Zoom is really not needed on a flying camera and would introduce quite a few problems. Parachutes are quite a burden to carry every time for the extremely rare event when they could be useful.
Camera development is the big area for the future and DJI have already flagged their interest in going the four thirds route.

I don't know...it feels like ever since I saw the Phantom 1, I thought "This must be the end of the line", but DJI always surprises. There are always things such as object avoidance, follow-me, etc.

. There are always things such as object avoidance, follow-me, etc.
Their are a couple KickStarter projects working on this now . A monster like DJI will never toss in the towel .

I guess I'll add some features I'd like to see for the phantom 4

1. retractable landing gear
2. clear shell with LEDs on the inside that can be changed to any color you want with the push of a button.
3. 360 turn radius gimbal controlled by something like the occulus rift, but also give it something like a headless mode where forward is always the direction you're facing.
4. increase size of phantom so that you can put 12 inch props on it.
5. 4k 1000fps, 2k 2000fps, down to 720p 60fps
6. built in tracking device
7. panoramic photo shots
8. augmented reality option with live stream so you can practice your flying skills by doing things like flying through invisible rings or even play games with your phantom as you're actually flying it.

360 gimbal is only useful for a two man setup. One man setup, IOC is your 360 gimbal.

BTW, 4K res at 1,000fps would be about 1Gbps bitrate. You can get that now for a cool $120,000.

Never mind the 4, the 5 is the one to have. All the features kitari mentions but also with a 24v battery, 1 hour flight, ability to carry a dslr and a much slicker controller.

But what about the 6 that has been announced for June 2016?

1. Special wedding mode where it drops eggs on the mother in law.
2. When a motor or esc fails and it drops out of the sky and hits someone, it says it's sorry and posts a video on YouTube to apologise.
3. When it flys away by itself, it leaves a trail of aluminium cans so you can find it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers