After the phantom 3 news it looks like all we need now to make a phantom 4 and the inspire redundant is 360° gimbal and retracting UC. A zoom function, preferably optical rather than digital and a recovery parachute would top it off nicely....
Zoom is really not needed on a flying camera and would introduce quite a few problems. Parachutes are quite a burden to carry every time for the extremely rare event when they could be useful.
Camera development is the big area for the future and DJI have already flagged their interest in going the four thirds route.
I guess I'll add some features I'd like to see for the phantom 4
1. retractable landing gear
2. clear shell with LEDs on the inside that can be changed to any color you want with the push of a button.
3. 360 turn radius gimbal controlled by something like the occulus rift, but also give it something like a headless mode where forward is always the direction you're facing.
4. increase size of phantom so that you can put 12 inch props on it.
5. 4k 1000fps, 2k 2000fps, down to 720p 60fps
6. built in tracking device
7. panoramic photo shots
8. augmented reality option with live stream so you can practice your flying skills by doing things like flying through invisible rings or even play games with your phantom as you're actually flying it.
But what about the 6 that has been announced for June 2016?
1. Special wedding mode where it drops eggs on the mother in law.
2. When a motor or esc fails and it drops out of the sky and hits someone, it says it's sorry and posts a video on YouTube to apologise.
3. When it flys away by itself, it leaves a trail of aluminium cans so you can find it.