Phantom 4 update November 8th 2016

Reaction score
Any known issues with the new update? I have not updated yet. I've been having a little video glitching but it's not too bad so I was wondering if I should update and maybe it will fix the glitching problem I've been having or make things worse.

Video glitches are usually not because of SW versions. You really don't need to upgrade if all is ok

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Any known issues with the new update? I have not updated yet. I've been having a little video glitching but it's not too bad so I was wondering if I should update and maybe it will fix the glitching problem I've been having or make things worse.

Personally I have not.
That's a tough one. Some members have issues after updating, some don't. However if you update and the update proves to be problematic you could technically speaking downgrade.

Personally I have not.
That's a tough one. Some members have issues after updating, some don't. However if you update and the update proves to be problematic you could technically speaking downgrade.

Oh yeah I forgot you could downgrade ;) thank you!

I Just upgraded, I Hooked up and tried to do it through the controller with DJIGo but for some reason couldn't connect to craft via the USB Cables Provided, so I took the longer USB Cable that was provided with the mini end on it used that with PC and Assistant and all went well. I than disconnected from PC and updated each battery with Controller and DJIGo as one would usually do.

I went into the Battery and Advanced thru Go but did not of course see any new settings, I would imagine the firmware fixed bug in Battery Software for the Long Storage Fix. Duno just guessing! :)

I'm not sure if Connection Issue with Controller to Craft is the Plug on Controller or... **** I think I just figured it out as i was typing, I bet it is because I used the silly adapter that is provided the mini to female USB. Its boxed up and put away now soo will check out connection at a later time unless somebody can confirm.

Last edited:
Maybe this is to fix cases where the battery doesn't wake up anymore after long storage!

Edit: Cells not fully depleted permitting.

Last edited:
Video glitches are usually not because of SW versions. You really don't need to upgrade if all is ok

I'm finding out that less is more. I started out using my iPad Air because of the larger screen. I had quite a few "green screen" moments. It quickly dawned on me that my iPad was 1 generation back and the older processor was simply pushing more pixels. Switched to my iPhone 6S and haven't had that issue since. The 6S is a little too small for my preferences, so I have my eye on a new iPad Mini 4. I think the iPad Mini 4 is the perfect solution to pair with my controller.

mmmmmmm......update? I'm new to the P4 world....have just 20 hour of learning curve. Does the "update" that is mentioned here show up as an alert when you power up the controller/P4? Thanks in advance....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31