Phantom 4 stress crack

Here is a link to a question I had posted on the DJI site. P4 is this a crack?

I couldn't get a good look at your picture to see the concern. Try shining a flashlight under the arm like I did to get a potentially clearer view.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Great point. Here is a pic both front arms. Looks like both are cracking. Rear arms don't have any cracks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 409
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 450
I'm no expert but, if you read the above threads and such the belief is that this is a mold mark and not a crack. If you read the link I attached above the opinion of the DJI id from the DJI forum is that this is fine. I'm just repeating information. I have the same mold markings on my P4 on the front 2 arms. One marking goes to the left and the other to the right. I don't like it but, it is what it is. I continue to keep and eye on it after each flight.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Kman
We should just take it apart and find out. Everyone is speculating and EVERY P4 I've seen has this same line

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just looked and have the same marks, same way, on front arms. Looking at this I believe it is a molding and not a crack but will watch it. Also, the rear would most likely crack before the front, the two motors in the back do work just a little harder on forward flights

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4