Phantom 4 RTK

Phantom 4 RTK - Next Gen Mapping Solution - DJI

It is the first "consumer grade" drone designed for professional applications without the support of the classic topographic survey.

The price is not "very low" but lowers the prices that exist today for this kind of solutions.

I would like to understand if it is necessary to combine it with the mobile station or if the drone, alone, can reach the precision of the centimeter.

I would like to understand if it is necessary to combine it with the mobile station or if the drone, alone, can reach the precision of the centimeter.
According to this video, fewer ground control points are required:

This video states missions can sometimes be completed with zero ground control points:

It is stated that few GCPs are needed, up to zero in some circumstances ...

It would be interesting to better understand this statement and understand if you can do something good with only the drone or if the mobile station is also needed ...

The drone by itself will not be more accurate than a traditional P4P. You need to include either GCP's or RTK/PPK either from the base station or a CORS network for the increased accuracy.

A GPS receiver to be "precise" needs to receive "corrections" in real time.

In the second video, at minute 1.18, we see that the pilot can choose between 2 options:

1) RTK base station
2) Custom network RTK

In the first case it is necessary to "link" the drone to the mobile station.
In the second case I believe that the corrections are transmitted via internet services or even in postprocessing phase at home.

I think this drone can reach centimetric precisions even without the mobile station and without control points.

I hope the field tests will be released in the next weeks...

Reporting from DJI site:

A new RTK module is integrated directly into the Phantom 4 RTK, providing real-time, centimeter-level positioning data for improved absolute accuracy on image metadata. Sitting just beneath the RTK receiver is a redundant GNSS module, installed to maintain flight stability in signal-poor regions such as dense cities. Combining both modules, the Phantom 4 RTK is able to optimize flight safety while ensuring the most precise data is captured for complex surveying, mapping and inspection workflows.

Fit the Phantom 4 RTK to any workflow, with the ability to connect this positioning system to the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station, NTRIP (Network Transport of RTCM via Internet Protocol) using a 4G dongle or WiFi hotspot, or store the satellite observation data to be used for Post Processed Kinematics (PPK).

Last edited:
$7500 is the cheapest,check out these other prices,I wonder who prices these things
Screenshot_20181018-103751.jpg
Screenshot_20181018-103837.jpg

$7500 is the cheapest,check out these other prices,I wonder who prices these things

Relative to the high-end commercial offerings, such as the Matrice 200 RTK, these are very inexpensive, especially if they do what you need without the additional capabilities.

It is a first step towards RTK drones that are also accessible to small businesses.

I would be curious to see how much the measurement errors are in a flight without mobile station and without GCPs.

I think that PPK technology can be a good compromise between affordable prices and precision...

Hi, can anyone tell me when i Neede to use the lte Dongle in de phantom 4 RTK and when to use it in the D-RTK 2 mobile station? I fly in The Netherlands and we want to use RTK.

In the D-RTK 2 i see the CORS service provider, is the DJI account default and will it work in the Netherlands to get 1cm precision?

We are testing the P4 RTK here and i want to share the outcome of the tests.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4