Phantom 4 RTK Base Station Compatibility?

Reaction score
My company is looking to buy a Phantom 4 RTK with a base station. Can you use different base station from the one DJI gives you with the drone? If so, which ones are compatible with it?

You might try posting on the commercialdronepilots website. Link is at bottom of this page.

Emlid Reach RS2.

RS2 can act as a caster through Emlid software

Send corrections by:

1. RS2 caster sends NTRIP corrections over the internet. You will need Wifi for the RS2 and for the Phantom 4 RTK GCS/controller

2. RS2 caster sends NTRIP corrections over local Wifi straight to the Phantom 4 RTK GCS/controller. This setup needs no internet connection at all. You will be limited by having to be within 10 to 20 feet max from the RS2 unit with your GCS.

Visit Emlids Community Forum and you can easily find the thread where this new improvement went from idea and request to implemented ability. Emlid is a pretty good value and its developers are always adding new features and capabilities.

EMLID has recently released a new method called "Local NTRIP" that doesn't require internet access. See the segment under the heading "Set Up Reach RS2 as Base Using Local NTRIP"

Emlid Reach RS2.

RS2 can act as a caster through Emlid software

Send corrections by:

1. RS2 caster sends NTRIP corrections over the internet. You will need Wifi for the RS2 and for the Phantom 4 RTK GCS/controller

2. RS2 caster sends NTRIP corrections over local Wifi straight to the Phantom 4 RTK GCS/controller. This setup needs no internet connection at all. You will be limited by having to be within 10 to 20 feet max from the RS2 unit with your GCS.

Visit Emlids Community Forum and you can easily find the thread where this new improvement went from idea and request to implemented ability. Emlid is a pretty good value and its developers are always adding new features and capabilities.

OP,

I have now tested Emlid Reach RS2 with the Phantom 4 RTK.

My findings:

NTRIP
Emlid Reach RS2 can use Emlid's Caster software to send corrections to other Rovers, whether it is a drone or a traditional GNSS rover on a pole. It is free and extremely easy to use.
You then use a hotspot or the Phantom 4 RTK dongle inserted into the controller to receive corrections.
I maintained FIX for every image for 10 flights now.

Local NTRIP
I also tested this brand new Local NTRIP mode. Emlid now has a feature where you setup your Reach RS2 over a known point and then it will act as a caster and send corrections over local Wi-fi to your Phantom 4 RTK's controller. You will not need internet access. You will need a Hotspot though that both the Phantom 4 RTK controller and Reach RS2 can connect to. The downside is that you must remain within 20 feet of the base or the Wi-fi connection can be lost and therefore you lose your RTK Fix.

Reactions: ntrip

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj