Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Coming back...?

I'd like to see a better CODEC. The camera is quite good, but the CODEC has artifacts that make the video stuck in the consumer realm.
I haven't heard of this problem before. Are you talking about JPGs or the raw DNG pictures? Raw pics generally are very good, what "artifacts" are you referring to?

I haven't heard of this problem before. Are you talking about JPGs or the raw DNG pictures? Raw pics generally are very good, what "artifacts" are you referring to?

He's talking about a video spec. I did not make it clear that I shoot stills and that's what I want the best camera for.

Reactions: Tom45
I haven't heard of this problem before. Are you talking about JPGs or the raw DNG pictures? Raw pics generally are very good
The jpg images from the P4 pro camera are excellent too, much better than popular opinion would suggest.
Codecs is a clue that he's talking about video.

Reactions: BigAl07
The jpg images from the P4 pro camera are excellent too, much better than popular opinion would suggest.

Yes, but it depends on your needs. Jpegs are great for web sharing. Personally, I need to work RAW files thru Adobe Camera Raw and then Photoshop to produce the gallery quality large prints I desire. That's why you have a choice.

Reactions: andy young
Yes, but it depends on your needs. Jpegs are great for web sharing. Personally, I need to work RAW files thru Adobe Camera Raw and then Photoshop to produce the gallery quality large prints I desire. That's why you have a choice.
The jpg images are still much better than most people assume.
I see beginners with very little photography experience believing the must shoot raw to get good results.
To see how good jpg images can be look at this gallery: Shipping Photography Examples - Above & Beyond Photography
Every image there was shot as jpg only and would easily produce gallery quality large prints.

Yes, one can make fine images with jpegs. However, showing them on the internet and saying that they will look great when printed large is a long tale. And there are many higher degrees of image quality than most are aware of. All images look good on the internet, from 10 year old phone pics to my 4x5 large format film scans. The internet does that. You can't tell the difference. Sending a person to a website to determine image quality is a waste of time. Only two ways to prove it. One is to actually see the final print output (not going to happen here) or someone who knows image editing pretty well can make a jpeg of a section of a very well done large file at 72 dpi (for internet) that represents the actual resolution of the bigger print file for the given area. I don't expect everyone to know all that I am talking about. I am a pro photographer and master printmaker and I do this stuff every day. It's a different world of photography than most people engage in. Don't take it personally. I only extend this conversation to inform others who may make wrong assumptions or buy into the vast array of myths and mis-information out there, and not trying to be a big mouthed know it all. But I do nearly know it all. (OK now is a good time for the trolls to rip me apart...).

However, showing them on the internet and saying that they will look great when printed large is a long tale.
All images look good on the internet, from 10 year old phone pics to my 4x5 large format film scans. The internet does that.
You can't tell the difference.
Sounds like you didn't even look.
I would suggest that saying all images look good on the internet, is a long tale.
Sending a person to a website to determine image quality is a waste of time. Only two ways to prove it. One is to actually see the final print output (not going to happen here)
I can't show you the large prints of those images hanging on the office walls of my clients, so the online gallery was the next best option.

The Phantom camera produces very good quality jpg images, much better than is commonly believed.
I believe that jpg from the Phantom has all the quality that most users need for most of their work.
Sure, shoot raw if you really need more, but there's no need for beginners (and many other users) to get lost processing raw images.

Reactions: MTO
Thanks, Meta. We agree on most said.

I did look (is that your work on your site? Nice!), but I was still viewing jpgs on the web. What I meant to say was that all properly captured and processed jpg images will look good regardless of the camera used. When it comes to the Phantom 4 Pro camera. it is really good for a consumer drone. But compared to the full frame Canons (or Nikons, Sony, etc) that I've been using for many years, the P4 camera is horribly noisy in low light situations and especially if using an ISO setting greater than 100. My recently made P4P early sunrise images posted here at PP were a fight for the right noise reduction process and a battle to have more shutter speed while remaining at ISO 100 (daytime images are so much easier to deal with). Keep in mind that none of this shows in web size jpg's. And yes, most consumers should not get lost dealing with RAW unless they plan on seriously advancing their photographic world. Nice chatting with ya...

So says Bill!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thats gonna make a lot of people happy
happy time?
629610B6-4912-4CA4-930D-096DE9C4B321.png

Reactions: skymonkey
Don’t really follow Bill, but this guy must have the right connections.
Happy times here [emoji2]
Thanks for the update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31