Phantom 4 Pro started by itself in its box

Reaction score
My P4Pro started up in its box by itself. Luckily I happened to come into the room and heard it beeping away so could turn it off but by then it was very warm, gimbal guard still on. Has anyone had this problem? Very strange. I have had this P4Pro since buying new in 2018 and it has never done this before. The battery is not original but is a 'new' one from DJI not some cheap knockoff.

You'd think an accidental start-up like that would be nearly impossible, given the button-pressing sequence required. Could it still have been on when you put it in the box?

I think you may have discovered the reason your drone is called "phantom".🤔

Sorry, I couldn't resist! 😉

Reactions: CoreySnipes
My P4Pro started up in its box by itself. Luckily I happened to come into the room and heard it beeping away so could turn it off but by then it was very warm, gimbal guard still on. Has anyone had this problem? Very strange. I have had this P4Pro since buying new in 2018 and it has never done this before. The battery is not original but is a 'new' one from DJI not some cheap knockoff.
Please post a list of your medications, identifying the “new” one recently added.😂

The sequence of events for this may provide some information.
When was it flown last prior to you discovering that it was on and how long between that and when you determined it to be on?
The more likely answer would be that it wasn’t turned off correctly to begin with.

Reactions: Capt KO and 3putts
Never heard that one before. Guess removing the battery when in storage would be a good idea. Doesn't seem possible unless 'bad' battery..or left on by accident.

The battery was 'new' in that it was not one of ther original ones, but bought since, so maybe 'newer' would be better. It has about 50 charges on it. It had been charged recently and put on the drone then back in its box. Several days later it started up by itself in the box and I found it on, luckily after a short time. I removed the barttery and tried another one that worked fine. Once the first battery had cooled down I put it into the drone and it started up immediately with no lights showing on the battery so it must be some sort of fault in the battery. I put the query out on here thinking it might be useful to other folks to know this could happen, little realising it would provoke amusement and ridicule, so thanks for that

I always remove my battery from the drone when packed. I just don't trust technology.

The battery was 'new' in that it was not one of ther original ones, but bought since, so maybe 'newer' would be better. It has about 50 charges on it. It had been charged recently and put on the drone then back in its box. Several days later it started up by itself in the box and I found it on, luckily after a short time. I removed the barttery and tried another one that worked fine. Once the first battery had cooled down I put it into the drone and it started up immediately with no lights showing on the battery so it must be some sort of fault in the battery. I put the query out on here thinking it might be useful to other folks to know this could happen, little realising it would provoke amusement and ridicule, so thanks for that
No harm intended. I always appreciate a little humor, but certainly no ridicule. There are always good people here to try to help. Sorry if you felt that way.

Reactions: CoreySnipes
That's a new one. I have never heard of a battery turning itself on without any user input, however, I've seen these intelligent flight batteries (both OEM and 3rd party) do some weird things so I won't say that this is impossible. My biggest concern, as already mentioned, would be that the battery would shut down during flight with no warning. I wouldn't trust it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie