Phantom 4 pro + screen turned off

I bought a P4P+ 3/15/19 and on 3/31/19 the EXACT same thing happened to me, in a place I frequently fly my 4S without issue. Fit the strong interference message as well and black screen. I Always fly los so got home fine. Checked everything. Rc, bird and Batts on correct firmware. Cleared cache. I DID see that the actual go 4 app needed to upgrade, from within android. Did that and no more issues. Did/does your actual go 4 need to be updated? I know, dumb question, but I had to digg to f find out mine needed to. Would love to know if you find a solution!

Haven’t figured mine out because today I flew without any issues, we’ll besides being in a no fly zone and needing to get DJI permission to even launch

Attachments

• B098DA3C-370D-4057-A86B-F54037433FFD.jpeg
    B098DA3C-370D-4057-A86B-F54037433FFD.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 313
FAA approval

Attachments

• 6EE151AD-9A2C-4348-86C7-CB8EAF3F8A91.png
    6EE151AD-9A2C-4348-86C7-CB8EAF3F8A91.png
    185.2 KB · Views: 278
I’m guessing it was due to interference. 1st time my own WiFi, 2 nd time cell towers close by?????

Just wanted to add it worked perfect today. I’m guessing this is strong interference from WiFi or cell towers???

No big mystery here. Applications do shut down or freeze sometimes. Nothing can be done to prevent this.
thnks for adding this one. i was thinking this same thing to myself that apps crashing is a normal thing in life so why would anyone be surprised by it. :)

I had the same problem today, then screen shutdown and I used RTH function. Then restarted the app and flew again, functioned until 80% of the flight mission then shutdown again, sadly I wasn't able to RTH and the drone felt down to the floor. In the meanwhile was trying to do something turned on the screen again pressing the upper button in the screen. And then started to ask many times to update the app.

I will be very nice to have some feedback about this. I am heading back home right now and I am looking forward to check the damage of the aircraft.

Regards

Carlos Palacios

It is hard to tell what went wrong. You should send the txt file.
But I suppose that when the second shut down happened, the drone was still in RTH mode and when you hit RTH again you actually cancelled it. The drone then begin to hover in the place until the battery ran out.

Generally this thread shows why is important to see the drone. If you have blanck screen you can normally fly to home, if you don't see the drone, then the only option is RTH and pray that no obstacles were between. Or at least put it high enough (but unfortionally you can't see the altitude).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.