Phantom 4 Pro Picture Quality Issue

Reaction score
I recently purchased the P4P a couple of weeks ago and I not impressed with the photo quality. I have played with all the setting in the camera and nothing seems to clear up the image. The video seems to work ok but the still are not what they should be in my opinion. I am new to the dji phantom series so there could be some user error; just trying to figure out if its something i might be doing or if the camera is bad. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- Willie
upload_2017-1-3_17-47-15.png

Are you shooting in raw or jpg? Auto settings? Auto focus? Can you upload an image to Dropbox?

I recently purchased the P4P a couple of weeks ago and I not impressed with the photo quality. I have played with all the setting in the camera and nothing seems to clear up the image. The video seems to work ok but the still are not what they should be in my opinion. I am new to the dji phantom series so there could be some user error; just trying to figure out if its something i might be doing or if the camera is bad. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
First up, it's hard to know what the problem is when we can only see a thumbnail size image.

There was a similar question recently.
This post might be a good starting point to get you going:
Where am I going wrong?

If you won't upload the original image to something like Dropbox or google drive, then we really can't help. :/

ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/800 sec (specs based of lightroom and everything was auto). hopefully that file is something you are looking for. As i said im new to aerial photography and everyones photo game is blowing me out of the water. any tips would be greatly appreciated. I can also do some kind of test photo if that would help

Agreed. Above average quality. If anything Shoot in raw and do manual edits, but your pictures seem great to me.

Some short advice to OP:

Shoot in AEB mode, especially when you are dealing with extreme differences in highlights and shadows as in this picture. Im referring to the sky. You could also do your own HDR image by taking three photos with quite big difference in exposure.
Set focus where you want focus ^^
Remember that a photo is only as excellent as the subject in it. You are going to have to find beauty where there may not be a lot of it.

Learn some post-production software such as Photoshop. Or similiar. It makes a big difference. Most good photos you see here have been altered.

As for the slightly tilted horizon, that is just the name of the game. Try a cold IMU calibration on a perfect level surface, or fix it in post by rotating and cropping. Or just ignore it, it's only slightly.

Reactions: DroneOnNDP and MCTV
well the problem that I see is the horizon tilt
Horizon tilt can be fixed in post or better yet by adjusting the gimbal in the go app when you see it is off.

Reactions: DroneOnNDP
As with handheld photography, sometimes the horizon is 100% correct. This can be rectified in Light room, Photoshop, etc in about 2 seconds.

Tried out 2 phantom 4 pro's. Both had excellent centre image quality but edge performance was very bad. Extremely blurry. For time being i have given up on the P4P and wait until this quality issue is resolved.

- Willie
View attachment 72385

What is wrong with this picture aside from the horizon tilted?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.