phantom 4 pro or dji mavic pro 2

What is the best Phantom 4 pro or Mavic pro 2..the last one have a Hasselblad lens...both 1 inch sensor and 20 megapixels
They are both good drones.
There is no clear advantage photographically for either one.

btw .. it's not the lens that's Hasselblad, they provided the colour science for the camera.

Reactions: GFields
I use both.
I somehow prefer the traditional looks of the Phantom and I also prefer its camera. However, I find myself leaning towards picking up the Mavic on outing due to its compact size and lower noise, as I want to be less noticeable when flying where there are people around.

They are both good drones.
There is no clear advantage photographically for either one.

btw .. it's not the lens that's Hasselblad, they provided the colour science for the camera.

Now if it were a Zeiss.....

What is the best Phantom 4 pro or Mavic pro 2..the last one have a Hasselblad lens...both 1 inch sensor and 20 megapixels
They are both great drones.... the Phantom 4 Pro V2 is the equal of the Mavic 2 Pro in range and either one can produce great photos and video. One advantage of the Phantom is that it is much easier to spot in the sky for good VLOS.... but it also makes it less stealthy.

Reactions: lasersbee
I'd go with the mavic alot easier to travel with never owned a Phantom 4 but I have owned a Phantom 1.2.3 and trust me size matters here when it comes to traveling 😉

I've been flying a Phantom 4 Pro for four years. It's hard to beat. During that time, I also had a Mavic Pro 2 that I used as backup on a long term construction inspection job. There are good points for both. The picture quality and stability in the wind of the P4P is excellent. The portability of the MP2 was the best. When the construction job ended, I sold the MP2. Now looking forward to the MP3 and planning to buy when it's released.

Reactions: 54_96
To me the only advantage (for the average user) the Mavic would have over the Phantom would be the portability.

They are both great drones.... the Phantom 4 Pro V2 is the equal of the Mavic 2 Pro in range and either one can produce great photos and video. One advantage of the Phantom is that it is much easier to spot in the sky for good VLOS.... but it also makes it less stealthy.
I think it should be stated that the Mavic 2 Pro is equal to the Phantom 4 Pro v2. The Phantom 4 Pro is still the high standard of prosumer drones, others have only come in a smaller form factor.

I have both if the phantom for pro haven’t have cracked shells four times I have replaced the shell I do not fly in sport mode I have never crashed I’ll take very good care of my Drones if it had a frame like the Mavic it would be hands down on the phantom because I like the camera and the colors better plus you can video for K while taking pictures and I know no one talks about this but I will on the Mavic when you switch from video to picture there’s a hesitation where it switches the sensor and you can see that the clarity gets cut down while videoing when you switch back picture mode it clears up I think it’s because of heat on the sensor so they had to do something they call line skipping most people don’t notice the regular I wouldn’t notice but I do I know I’m not the only one that’s had this problem with cracks in the shell because when I Google there’s thousands that’s had this problem I guess other people don’t have this problem depending on where you live I live in Texas where it gets really hot and the humidity gets high, The other things these flyers mention is noticeability you can see the fan and a lot easier and hear it so if you’re around neighbors and people I would go with the Mavic but I would wait till the Mavic three comes out I’m not sure if I’m gonna be getting that or not I’ve got the Mavic -one and the Mavic 2+ the phantom for pro but I find myself flying my fan on more than the others because I just like the way it looks when I download on my computer it’s too bad they don’t make a great shell for the phantom because it would be my only Drone one more thing the Mavic flies much smootherAnd you can barely hear it or see it in the air I know that doesn’t help you make the pic just be careful if you get the phantom I finally stopped buying shells and started using really good Apoxsee glue and it’s been good for a long time

I fly with a Mavic owner who gets really good 4k video. But it is amazing the visibility difference at distance. The Mavic "disappears".

Yesterday we had to hike a bit before flying and carrying a heavy P4P case is a workout in and of itself. While my buddy had a small backpack for his.

I fly both the M2P and Phantom4Pro2.0.

I agree with all that others have said--especially concerning quieter Mavic noise and better portability--but one other thing is important if you are shooting moving targets. The Phantom has a mechanical shutter that helps to prevent rolling shutter. If that is not an issue for you I would absolutely wait for the M3 to come out, see if you like it and want to pay its price, then consider getting the M2P for less. (It is possible that DJI may drop its price when the M3 comes out.)

To me the only advantage (for the average user) the Mavic would have over the Phantom would be the portability.
I keep hearing about Mavic's "portability". I've had my P4P v2 for 3 years and I can lift the entire drone in it's case with one finger!! If smaller is what you crave, just wait a while and DJI will come out with one the size of a gnat. You can store it a thimble. Work the controller with toothpicks. If you ever lose it, it won't matter cause you could never see it in the first place. Just pretend you're still flying it and the other pilots won't notice it's gone...

Reactions: gppms
Both are End of Life at DJI, which means support will taper off. You're better off waiting to get the M3 on November 5th.

Reactions: GFields
Personally I don't understand the 'advantage' of portability. It's not like you're going to stick it in your pocket. If you have the Mavic, by the time you add the controller, 2-3 batteries, charger, extra props, filters, tablet, is it any more portable than a P4? I had a Mavic and had a case to carry everything in. Sure, the case was smaller than the Phantom backpack, but it never mattered to me since I'm carrying something extra. And with the backpack I could carry the aircraft, 6 batteries, charger, ipad, laptop, extra props, filters and had room to spare. It went on my back so, in my opinion, it's more portable than carrying a case.

Reactions: gppms
Hello, I also have both.
Pro speaking, the P4 is more "Pro like", with his remote with HDMI for external monitoring, with the ability to catch him by his legs while in the air, and his weight which gives more stability when strong wind blows.
With low ressources/room, I use Mavic (trails, motorbike....)
Also both are awesome...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.