Phantom 4 Pro iPad screen.

Reaction score
Hello, I just bought a GL300F controller for my P4P+. How do I get this controller set up? What are pilots using as far as iPads? and I’m guessing I’ll need to have a data plan like my phone and all that? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Martin

How do I get this controller set up? What are pilots using as far as iPads? and I’m guessing I’ll need to have a data plan like my phone and all that? Any feedback would be appreciated.
No ... you don't need a data plan.
If you need internet connectivity (not necessary for most flying), it's a simple matter to hotspot from your phone.
You'll need a suitable phone or tablet.
Many are listed here: Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help
You would need one that's suitable for DJI Go 4, those are highlighted in green.

Instructions for setting up your phone or tablet are here ...
Apple: Install DJI GO on an Apple Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide) | Phantom Help
Android: Install DJI GO on an Android Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide) | Phantom Help

A download link for DJI Go 4 is here:

And on p42 of the manual here:
.... you'll find instructions to link the drone and controller.

Anything else, just ask.

Ipad mini 5 works good. Don't need cell to fly and use home wifi for updates and load maps.

5th gen iPads and above are still supported (Nov 22). I use a 6th gen 9.7" iPad with my GL300F. It's the biggest iPad that will fit in the clasp mounted on the controller. Works fine but would like a brighter screen. Using a glare shield on the screen and a foldable, three sided shade hood. The iPad Pro is supposed to be a little brighter. Not sure about the Air version. It's all about "nits", brightness measurement. Ipads are around 400 nits. In comparison, CrystalSky and GL300e monitors are around 1000 nits. Still have my GL300E and may go back to using it when needed. There were issues installing software on them a few years ago. Think they sorted that out.

Last edited:
Hi,
the GL300E now can have 3rd party apps. The problem is that it is very old android version (<7) and most apps don't work properly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31