Phantom 4 Pro drops like stone!

Check around locally for drone parts might be a shop that would have what you need maybe eBay to and your not trusting the battery is what I think caused it to
Looks good, like the use of zip ties. Honestly, I know people that say the use of them is silly, but you and I know better. Get a dremel and some bondo and fix it like a car dent, lol. Just kidding 😂. On a serious note, maybe look into a bare quad frame and transfer the guts, but not sure if it's going to save any money OR headache. There is nothing easy a out the hobby/profession indefinitely, merely due to the fact that it's not" IF", but "WHEN" your money wants to fall out of the sky. Inevitable walks of shame.

Reactions: AussieCate
Looks good, like the use of zip ties. Honestly, I know people that say the use of them is silly, but you and I know better. Get a dremel and some bondo and fix it like a car dent, lol. Just kidding 😂. On a serious note, maybe look into a bare quad frame and transfer the guts, but not sure if it's going to save any money OR headache. There is nothing easy a out the hobby/profession indefinitely, merely due to the fact that it's not" IF", but "WHEN" your money wants to fall out of the sky. Inevitable walks of shame.
Ha I’ve bashed some RC airplanes and helicopters over the years and actually ducked taped some together. If the OP wasn’t flying commercially under FAA 107 rules (preflight inspection etc) I’d say fly it until it literally falls apart.

Back in the day we’d take old airplanes and purposely play Kentucky derby in the air. We’d fly with streamers and try and first cut those off, then we’d try and take the others wings off etc. ahhh the good old days before FAA stepped in.

Sorry just an old timer reliving the past…

Ha I’ve bashed some RC airplanes and helicopters over the years and actually ducked taped some together. If the OP wasn’t flying commercially under FAA 107 rules (preflight inspection etc) I’d say fly it until it literally falls apart.

Back in the day we’d take old airplanes and purposely play Kentucky derby in the air. We’d fly with streamers and try and first cut those off, then we’d try and take the others wings off etc. ahhh the good old days before FAA stepped in.

Sorry just an old timer reliving the past…
Bunch of Sallys around here, nobody wants the combat. I'm itching to get someone with that old "target fixation" trick. Head to the ground and pull up last second and they can't react quickly enough so they nose dive it, bwahahahaha!

Reactions: Adamborz
I had one of my P4PV2 drop out of the sky from 40 metres, the cause was a faulty prop that snapped at the connecting point. Package it up and sent to the D1 Store for a quote to repair. They offered me an unregistered drone replacement for about $700, which I jumped at. Hope this helps.
Regards

• Love
Reactions: AussieCate
Well my battered bird is still flying but I suspect the obstacle avoidance system is not working. Even before it's "fall to earth", I was getting a constant "rear vision sensor not working". So I connected the drone to the DJI assistant app and selected calibration but get nothing when holding the bird in front of my computer screen. So not able to progress to the grid and calibration process. It's not something I've done before so I was wondering if someone could tell be what is supposed to happen?

Well my battered bird is still flying but I suspect the obstacle avoidance system is not working. Even before it's "fall to earth", I was getting a constant "rear vision sensor not working". So I connected the drone to the DJI assistant app and selected calibration but get nothing when holding the bird in front of my computer screen. So not able to progress to the grid and calibration process. It's not something I've done before so I was wondering if someone could tell be what is supposed to happen?
Have a hard time believing your still flying that. Hope your staying clear of .. Everything and not flying over Anything! Bite the bullet and fix it before something bad happens, property damage or something worse.. . Rear sensor is the least of your worries IMHO.

Not every day I get a message from Kentucky, thank you! And thank you for your concern re my flying practices but really not warranted in my particular situation as I'm fortunate enough to own a large property and all of my test flights are over it. The only thing likely to be inconvenienced should the bird decide on another unscheduled return to earth would be a passing kangaroo ;). The purpose of flying my damaged drone is to discover the full extent of the damage prior to repairs. It would be irritating to say the least to discover additional faults (such as malfunctioning sensors) once the craft has been rebuilt. Are you able to shed any light on the problem I'm having calibrating as mentioned in my post?
Cheers

Understood.. I read about real estate flights in the first post and was wondering. I shouldn’t really be of my concern though. Didn’t understand the economic’s of risking the the drone and possible other damage, but that’s just me. Hope you get it sorted out.
I’ve only done that calibration once, and that was a few years ago. Took me a bit to figure it out as I recall. Seem to remember holding the drone around 16” from the screen and in slow & steady movements, following a box around the screen until the calibration was complete.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20