Phantom 4 pro Battery in Hibernation

I have a feeling you don't know what hibernation is, in the context of BMSes.

Anyway, from datasheet of the BMS chip:

6.3.1 SHIP HIBERNATE Mode
In SHIP HIBERNATE mode, the device enters a low-power mode with no voltage, current, and
temperature measurements, the FETs are turned off, and the MCU is in a halt state. The device will return
to NORMAL mode on SBS communication detection. The device can be configured to ship hibernate with
discharge FET on through Settings:System Configuration[SHIPDSG]. The device can be send to this
mode with ManufacturerAccess() Ship command.
But DJI ships the batteries in SHUTDOWN mode instead.
6.3.2 SHIP SHUTDOWN Mode

In SHIP SHUTDOWN mode, the device shuts down to minimize power consumption, and the FETs are
turned off. The device will return to NORMAL mode when voltage at PACK pin > VSTARTUP. The device
can be sent to this mode with the ManufacturerAccess() Shutdown command. Charger voltage must not
be present for the device to enter SHIP SHUTDOWN mode.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure you're trying to ask for none of the above, but for PF mode.

Reactions: Gagey52
I have a feeling you don't know what hibernation is, in the context of BMSes.

Anyway, from datasheet of the BMS chip:

But DJI ships the batteries in SHUTDOWN mode instead.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure you're trying to ask for none of the above, but for PF mode.
Hi, i say hibernation mode as per most call it i guess, basically i have a battery in the box that no lights show up and it will not charge, just asking it it gone or can be revived

Follow the rules to wake it up from hybernation. If it doesn't work then the batt. is most probably garbage.

What are the rules for waking it up from hybernation, i only know the push button for 30 seconds then unplug for 2 seconds then do this 3 times? This was a new battery in the box that was laying around for a while .

no lights at all?
not the best idea to have to resort to, but i am into electronics and actually did this after I found a YT vide, and it worked.
follow the video through, but DO NOT drill the holes in the back. keep watching past that.

And again,
this is only if you are experiencing the situation they describe, and as a last resort only.

Reactions: Gagey52
Very interesting work if you know what you are doing. This guy sure does.
But there is still the big question if such a battery is really safe for flying.
If it is then this approach can save a lot of money and DJI won't be happy for sure.

But there is still the big question if such a battery is really safe for flying.
If it is then this approach can save a lot of money and DJI won't be happy for sure.
Good point, I’m not sure I would take the risk. Dump the battery and get a new one.
Regards

Reactions: snowghost
I agree.

In my case, i knew the battery was good, and having the ability to load test it, i could be sure.

without that, i wouldnt take the chance.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20