Phantom 4 pro batteries

Have to agree with Dronesky, only used OEM batts and props. Also mixed reviews on aftermarket batts from what I've heard, though I am thinking about some Master Airscrew props. If you do go for aftermarket just mind the reviews carefully, crap lipos aren't anything to mess with for multiple reasons.

I purchased two off-brand batteries at a savings(?) of $100 each. Life circumstances prevented me from using them for a year. I kept checking them and got 3 bars lit up. I assumed this was good. I thought I'd give them a try last week and decided to fully charge them before a test flight. Both of them died within five minutes of beginning the charge with the original DJI charger. Now they are dead. Nothing, nada furshitten. Never again. DJI batteries have gone two years without use and are good today. Nothing but DJI OEMs for me from now on.

In my experience, DJI batteries are no better.
Not to say there’s probably some really bad aftermarket’s. With all batteries, you should test them immediately and if they’re no good, return them. Airdata is a great resource to study your batteries performance - sending the charts from there to DJI got me replacement batteries.

I had DJI replace four of my batteries because my Airdata log showed that they had lost their ability to hold a charge prematurely.
In case you didn’t know this DJI does not make batteries they farm it out and they get bad batches too.
I currently have 15 batteries for missions I need to fly so if I can find a good aftermarket at half the price I go for it
It makes you feel good to use OEM then for sure do it. But there’s no reason in the world an aftermarket couldn’t be every bit as good.

Reactions: Adamborz
I used my drones commercially so have been using OEM batteries as I’m not sure what my insurance company would say about aftermarket parts. However, for all my personal RC airplanes and helicopters I use a variety of batteries. I usually solder my own connections etc. Like said above, DJI doesn’t make batteries so I wouldn’t necessarily object to using those aftermarket ones after charging and checking them out for safety if I used them for non-commercial fun!

Reactions: JimD.
I’ve never had any of my insurance policies mention anything about OEM equipment or not.
And how would they know anyway if your drones at the bottom of the lake it’s really not gonna matter.
An adjuster wouldn’t know an oem battery from his elbow

I’ve never had any of my insurance policies mention anything about OEM equipment or not.
And how would they know anyway if your drones at the bottom of the lake it’s really not gonna matter.
An adjuster wouldn’t know an oem battery from his elbow
I’d be more worried about it crashing into a couple million dollar house and burning up. The fire investigators find the cause and then the insurance companies go after the company responsible. Did I mention my real job is I’m a 32 year police officer. If your washing machine shorts out and burns your house down, your homeowners goes after Maytag or whomever. Imagine going after DJI (good luck in China right?) and they say it’s not their battery. Now everybody be looking at your pockets. Not taking that chance with my money.

Is it normal for the batteries 6 of them in case to be warm to the touch phantom 4 V2 pro

You really should not be flying with a 20% battery.
Fully charged could be in a discharge state depending on your battery settings.

I'd be cautious with knockoff batteries for your Phantom 4 Pro. They might work, but there's a risk of lower quality and potential safety issues. Stick with genuine DJI batteries for reliability and safety.

Reactions: Phantomwolf
Giving as much information as possible would help. So ya batteries get warm when they work. When you charge them its the charger thats doing the work so it gets warm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik