Phantom 4 or wait

Reaction score
Hi. I just sold my phantom 3 advanced and As i know on April the new phantom 5 is going to release. .what your advice. .wait to buy phantom 5 or buy now phantom 4? Thanks .[emoji5]

Στάλθηκε από το SM-N9005 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Best Buy now shows expected delivery of Mavic on November 30. Think you will be waiting longer on P5 if there is one!

Reactions: Squirrel!
I crashed my P3A last week and decided to go ahead and get the P4. (My P3A will eventually be resurrected, but I'm the impatient type.

If the Mavic Pro was available now, I might have gone for it instead. But the P4 is still an incredible piece of gear and it fits in my old P3 case quite nicely. :)

........... and it fits in my old P3 case quite nicely. :)

Annoying your P3 spare batteries don't fit though.

No reason to assume Phantoms will keep going indefinitely with ever bigger numbers.(just wait for Phantom 13)
Maybe a final Phantom SE (Special Edition) with significantly improved new camera.
And another revision of battery design so you have to buy them again.

I suspect there'll be inspire 2 and Mavic 2 before anymore Phantom updates.

Same issue. I have a Mavic coming but I want a second bird. P4, P4p or P5

My P3 is down for cracks....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Same issue. I have a Mavic coming but I want a second bird. P4, P4p or P5

My P3 is down for cracks....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Man, I keep seeing all this stuff about cracks. Will be a sad day when I see one on mine. 133 flights and 18 hours 43 minutes on mine and no sign of cracks. Fingers crossed. I would be pissed if that ever happens.

Hi. I just sold my phantom 3 advanced and As i know on April the new phantom 5 is going to release. .what your advice. .wait to buy phantom 5 or buy now phantom 4? Thanks
This is a tough question if you don't tell us your time of need. Do you need a solid performing drone before May? Do you need a proven platform this week? Is folding up small like Mavic important to you? Do you care about the camera FOV?

If you're a beginner, consider buying a used P3P to learn with and save yourself some money. After 6-8 months of training time, then make your decision, you'll be more informed to make a rational decision on your own.

Last edited:
I posted a video to youtube Today. It's not great, the subject matter ( a beach ) has been posted thousands of times, the quality and composition are mediocre because I'm not very skilled at editing or finding interesting subject matter, but....

The only reason my videos are just 'alright' is me. The fact is, my P4 is absolutely epic, flawless in every respect.. The raw video quality is superb, the flight characteristics are amazing. It's fast, stable, capable, etc, etc.

I have come to realise that the P4 is simply an amazing drone and probably the best performing aerial platform that has ever taken to the skies, for the money.

Like a lot of people Today, I am susceptible to the must have the latest thing syndrome and I probably will buy a mavic or P5 at some stage but, the reality is, the P4 is everything I will ever really need in a drone and If you are waiting for something that exceeds it's performance by a large degree, then you will have wasted a lot of flying time and missed out on a whole lot of fun. ;)

I've just bought my 2nd P4. (1st being in a watery grave off the coast of Majorca) and was going to get the Mavic and probably would have done had it been in stock last week. I started having 2nd thoughts about the hand launching/catching capability of the Mavic and the fact that landing in grass can be a problem if it's not cut short and opted for the p4 again.
I love the portability of the Mavic but cant help but feel that the next incarnation of it will be that much more practical.

Reactions: christodoulos1
But what else can a P4P have over the P4?., collapsible legs like the Inspire or Yuneec?.

I thought the P4 has everything needed to fly smoothly, tap fly, active track, OA.

But what else can a P4P have over the P4?., collapsible legs like the Inspire or Yuneec?.

I thought the P4 has everything needed to fly smoothly, tap fly, active track, OA.
There are three versions of the Phantom 3, the most advanced version (P3Pro) quite a bit more capable than the P3. Likewise, there were a couple of versions of the Phantom 2.

My guess ... the P4P might have some camera upgrades, maybe some hardware improvements (motors, maybe some additional sensors, maybe a different gimble, maybe it will have Occusync instead of Lightbridge so that it can be used with DJI's new DJI Goggles. Just a guess. Rumor has it that the Phantom 5 will show up in the spring. Hard to know what new features they might add to make a P4P, and what they'll have wait until the P5.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31