Phantom 4 Multispectral - Rotors won't start randomly

Reaction score
Good day my dears :)
There was a problem with Phantom 4 Multispectral.
With 6 batteries on it, and no matter what level the batteries are charged at, the drone does not launch its rotors. The drone correctly connects to the remote control and transmits the picture. The diodes on the drone glow properly.
For example, I tried battery # 1-2-3-4, the rotors did not respond. Then inserting Battery # 5 - Rotors started working. After trying again 1.2.3.4 - it does not start, and then inserting 5 - also does not start. In general, it feels like it happens randomly on all batteries. And usually I have to go through a couple of batteries, and restart the tablet, remote control, drone a couple of times so that the rotors start. But not always. Complete randomness.

I updated the firmware of the drone and controller, but it did not help to fix the error.

I apologize, if somewhere it is not quite clear I expressed myself, English is not my main language.
If I need to add something or clarify something, please tell me, I'll do it)

Thanks in advance!

So i fully charged all battery's, and non started the rotors. I try'd to take 1 battery and restart tablet and controller and drone, didn't worked(

Try moving both sticks to the inside instead of outside corners. Sometimes they get confused. A stick calibration usually corrects the problem.

Thank you for reply.
I tried moving sticks to different positions, and i did Controller calibration, but it seems that was not the case (problem not fixed).
I figured out i can "update firmware on battery's" today, did it for all 6 pack. Now just need to go out for test once i will be able to do so.

Hopefully it was just this simple "bug" with old firmware.
I will update my thread ASAP.

Do the all 4 lights on the battery lit constantly after activation?
Do you do that inside or outside the house?
There is almost impossible to blame the battery when it is the same with all of them.
Must be something with the onboard flight controller then.

Yes, all 4 lights on the battery fll constantly after activation.
I did it in office only, gonna be at work tommorow and check it outside with proper calibration and stuff.
That makes sense since result is allmost the same on all batteries.

You are not trying to start the drone in a No Fly Zone, are you?
The props won't even start if that is the case.

You are not trying to start the drone in a No Fly Zone, are you?
The props won't even start if that is the case.
nope, double checked it, and it happened at office aswell as in a worktrip 20miles from it

Hello again guys. So i want to apologize that i disapered without any conclusion.

The problem is fixed.

What i did is just firmware update to 1.0 and then to latest version. drone > controller > and battery's
So far so good, worked for me.

Cheers guys!

Last edited:
Reactions: MTO

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic