Phantom 4 long range 8.3 KM or 5.18 miles

Reaction score
Another test and a distance record with the drone Phantom 4, going over 8.3 km away or 5.18 miles (with English subtitles)

Fantastic , and well documented video and thank you for the English Sub Titles.
My question is would you get the same results if you had only flown say about 50 ft high ?

For most people capturing the Cinematic footage , such as skimming over the water and trees is so much more epic on film as to flying so high, this is why I ask as we have not even come close to that skimming the lake.

Perhaps a video of a low long distance skim in the future. ?
Much to be learned from this, again thank you.

Phantomrain.org
coal

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it, the worst I did not think of it, I just thought of going as far as possible.
but I can do this test yes, this place is good because it is a controlled area as far as possible.
I did it at 230 feet and I was up to 300 and a few feet, but for film shooting the ideal thing is 50 feet?
I can not guarantee it now because of the end of the year, but in January I still provide this test.
I did one in the city tb, but tb to 300 pes .
if you want to take a look you have on the channel too, almost all the videos have English subtitles (nor 100% correct, but I think it breaks a branch)

So you travelled 8.3k one way and 6.2 on the return, a total of 14.5k. Yet if you had of traveled 7.5k each way you would have exceeded your total journey and the drone would have returned to you without having to retrieve it from a field. Don’t know if you could term this result as a sound achievement in terms of planning.

Reactions: LARA images
So you travelled 8.3k one way and 6.2 on the return, a total of 14.5k. Yet if you had of traveled 7.5k each way you would have exceeded your total journey and the drone would have returned to you without having to retrieve it from a field. Don’t know if you could term this result as a sound achievement in terms of planning.

because it really is, but I've done a 7.2km round trip perfectly, check here:

So it was not going to go to 7.5km I should have gone to 8 and come back, but the problem is that it was windy a lot, I'll try again another day, early without wind, turning the sensors off atti, without recording, just recording until then.

I think I can go 8.5km and go back.

I seriously doubt you could go 8k and return to the takeoff point. Your best bet would be to stay below 50m to reduce the effect of wind gusts experienced at higher altitudes. Of course if there is no wind this would definitely help.

Good luck.

I seriously doubt you could go 8k and return to the takeoff point. Your best bet would be to stay below 50m to reduce the effect of wind gusts experienced at higher altitudes. Of course if there is no wind this would definitely help.

Good luck.

yeah, I'll try even harder, when I go back to that area again.

Because it is controlled there, it is a rural area, there are no houses, there is a plane route and there are several places to get off if you do not come back and it is easy to rescue.

But I'll try this yes still ;-)

Reactions: SwissPhantom
yeah, I'll try even harder, when I go back to that area again.

Because it is controlled there, it is a rural area, there are no houses, there is a plane route and there are several places to get off if you do not come back and it is easy to rescue.

But I'll try this yes still ;-)
What type of range extender are you using?

What type of range extender are you using?

none, all original, I just used a baffle in the radio, you can see at the end of the video, in the last 30 seconds, I show the radio and it appears me going behind the drone, you can see the radio the antenna and the baffle that I'm using.

Reactions: Rsm425
none, all original, I just used a baffle in the radio, you can see at the end of the video, in the last 30 seconds, I show the radio and it appears me going behind the drone, you can see the radio the antenna and the baffle that I'm using.
Wow! That's awesome! I have a set but I purchased them early on in my drone adventures and didn't really see a difference but I will revisit them.

I was thinking of buying argtek antennas, but I saw a lot of people talking badly, that it got worse or did not improve at all.

But the region there I think helps, because there does not have a cell phone signal, so interference zero, no building, nothing topping the signal, I think this helped a lot.

In the city I got to reach 4.5km follow the link if you want to check it out.

Reactions: SwissPhantom
Thanks for liking.

My English is bad, but to break a branch at least right?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj