Phantom 4 firmware release today

Reaction score
Beta 7 is now official. I Believe I’ll wait for the DJI servers to calm down before attempting the download and maybe wait for some flight info to start coming back. Hope it’s good.

Based on previous updates from DJI, and the problems they caused I’d not consider anything from DJI. I switched to Litchi over a year ago and stopped using DJI GO because of the problems I had with it! No frequent updates required now. I love Litchi!
Jim
WA5TEF.

I've not had any problems when I update from DJ I for my year-old P-4. I follow instructions and everything flows as I think it's supposed to. I first await commentary on this forum each time though when I can.

Reactions: Russ43Phantom
Yes, not a bad idea. I’d for sure let some other “Early Bird” discover any bugs first. I just don’t play the game with DJI’s frequent updates.
Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

Updated and had a problem with video feed to my iPad. Flew another mission using Litchi with no issue. Not sure where the problem is, either with the DJI Go app or the firmwire.

Had the same error pop up three times that my device wasn’t compatible. I forgot exactly what it said. I just let it continue. And everything is fine. A couple of settings were changed that I had to reset. Nothing major.

Took two flights and it does fly smoother. GPS appears to connect faster as well. The area I routinely fly usually takes 20 seconds. After this update it was half that.

All stock equipment.

I’ve had 4 DJI products (P3, P4P+, P4P, and soon Mavic Air. I’ve always installed updates when available and had no problems. Updates did not necessarily solve all issues (such as not being able to switch between intelligent flight modes ... early on) but they did incrementally fix them. The issue is making sure you have ALL updates at a consistent level.

Just flew two batteries and the new firmware worked perfect. No high wind warnings when the wind was at 5mph. All flight modes work and now I can film 4k at 25fps.

Just flew two batteries and the new firmware worked perfect. No high wind warnings when the wind was at 5mph. All flight modes work and now I can film 4k at 25fps.
Do you have the HDMI module? Is it a P4P?

I’m on flight #6 with this FW. I got my first wind warning today at 200’. Surface winds calm.

For me: Noticeable shorter to GPS latch time. Smoother hover and flights. Range appears unchanged. Only negative I can find. It seems be flying slower in P mode.

Looks ok after 0.700 refresh using Assistant2. Still wait for better weather to test it in the air

26dfd6a0f330b0c63b4cade466b2a6e2.jpg

Hey guys, I haven't touched my bird's firmware for a couple of months

Will I still be able to do this after a FM update?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I’m on flight #6 with this FW. I got my first wind warning today at 200’. Surface winds calm.

For me: Noticeable shorter to GPS latch time. Smoother hover and flights. Range appears unchanged. Only negative I can find. It seems be flying slower in P mode.

...as this indicates there's a potential change in flight parameters.

I`ve noticed some problems with screen (map window moved) on my Mediapad m3 tablet. After reinstall Go4 app it looks better but still not as it should be. There is no such a problem on my phone screen (Huawei P10).

Screenshot_20180128-111808.png
Screenshot_20180128-124955.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers