Phantom 4 Battery Promotion [For Apple store customers]

In the comparison tax always wins !! I got mine through dji as well.
I got Best Buy in the store to match the included sales tax in the DJI.com price, preserving my 30 day return and price match at the tax free price sold by DJI.com. Just needed to find a BB store manager who actually wanted to help!. They are hard to find, but like Black Swans, they do exist! :cool:

Reactions: Marc Hufnagel
I got Best Buy in the store to match the included sales tax in the DJI.com price, preserving my 30 day return and price match at the tax free price sold by DJI.com. Just needed to find a BB store manager who actually wanted to help!. They are hard to find, but like Black Swans, they do exist! :cool:

sweet

Still have the slight click while manually elevating the gimbal up and down with the battery off, along with a few failed gimbal calibrations, which eventually complete successfully. Asymptomatic so far during 4K recording in multiple flights, so I am cautiously optimistic at this point. Is the slight clicking "normal"?

Still have the slight click while manually elevating the gimbal up and down with the battery off, along with a few failed gimbal calibrations, which eventually complete successfully. Asymptomatic so far during 4K recording in multiple flights, so I am cautiously optimistic at this point. Is the slight clicking "normal"?

I get 'failed' about 50% of the time on the gimbal calibration.

I get 'failed' about 50% of the time on the gimbal calibration.
Thanks for the input. I'm not sure if that is comforting or disconcerting. ;)
At least I am not alone, and it could indeed be a bug in the gimbal calibration algorithm that can easily be fixed with a firmware update.

Does your gimbal also have the very slight clicking sound, when manually elevated up and down with the power off?

I'm not sure if that is comforting or disconcerting. ;)
At least I am not alone, and it could indeed be a bug in the gimbal calibration algorithm that can easily be fixed with a firmware update.

Does your gimbal also have the very slight clicking sound, when manually elevated up and down with the power off?

sure does.

sure does.
Thanks for that. I suspect those two issues are tied to each other. I wish we knew if there are any click free P4 gimbals that don't fail any gimbal calibration. Clearly, a click indicates some form of mechanical rubbing that the P3 gimbals never had, unless there was a problem that could lead to sticking. Obviously these are different gimbals, so maybe the slight click is the new normal. Hopefully someone else can chime in with more insight into the issue.

Thanks for that. I suspect those two issues are tied to each other. I wish we knew if there are any click free P4 gimbals that don't fail any gimbal calibration. Clearly, a click indicates some form of mechanical rubbing that the P3 gimbals never had, unless there was a problem that could lead to sticking. Obviously these are different gimbals, so maybe the slight click is the new normal. Hopefully someone else can chime in with more insight into the issue.

I do notice the sometimes on power up the camera is pointing a couple of degrees to the right. Calibrations don't help, only a restart. Odd.

I do notice the sometimes on power up the camera is pointing a couple of degrees to the right. Calibrations don't help, only a restart. Odd.
I had that issue and actually managed to get the camera to point 45° to the right as it's "normal" and pass gimbal calibration, after starting the calibration with the gimbal angle at -10° just for testing purposes! Restart and recalibration corrected it. It can be tricked into doing weird things, which leads me to think it might be a gimbal calibration programming problem.

As long as the restart fixes it, and it stays straight after, during flight, one can learn to live with the annoyance, but it is still disconcerting.

For anyone that has ordered and received how long did the whole process to take? I followed one guy and it looks like he ordered last Monday and received on Friday. Is everyone else having this kind of timing or have we all broken the system down and can now expect delays?

I ordered on Saturday and this is the order screen I still have.

View attachment 52364
I had one take no time at all and one hang but I think it went through. One of them was given to me by someone on here who I promised I would send a 32 gig SD card of his choice from Amazon and IT LOOKS like that one will work now, finally.

I will throw that offer up in the air, assuming the promotion is still going on.

If anyone has an extra code still and they want to give it to me, I will upon completion of the bat, and I swear on my daughter's honor, I will do this, if anyone has a code to give me, I will send them a 32 gig card OF YOUR CHOICE, as long as it is available via Amazon Prime.

If anyone is interested, PM me. If I can get two codes to work, I'll get you 2 32 gigs, or one 64.

Ha, as I was typing that last e-mail my phone just buzzed in with an e-mail from DJI that the first set of two bats have been shipped. YAY!

When I bought my P4 at Best Buy I talked to a manager and they honored the 2 extra batteries for the price of one. They actually had a bundle in their system for the P4 and two extra batteries. Good Luck!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I didn't get an invite, but the link you provided worked for me. Thanks. It has to be used on a desktop as it will say 404 Page no longer available it you do it on a mobile device.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

When I bought my P4 at Best Buy I talked to a manager and they honored the 2 extra batteries for the price of one. They actually had a bundle in their system for the P4 and two extra batteries. Good Luck!
Best Buy is surprisingly good at doing things like that.

CALIFORNIANS, a surprisingly little known fact. There is something here for business owners called the "post-production tax" where you will be charged 3.5% instead of the ridiculous 9%.

At Apple and Fry's you need to set up a business account, but oddly, Apple does not ask for your EIN number but Fry's does I believe. Best Buy, being more of a consumer based company than either of the other two, well Apple is consumer facing but they have very serious corporate accounts. You just need to show them something. I showed them a company credit card but I think they would do it with a business card to be honest. When spending a lot of money that 3.5% vs 9% starts to add up. I've saved $1000s of dollars in taxes.

Other states, don't think we have it so well, as the California Franchise State Tax Board taxes us plenty on income so we are essentially triple taxed and yet I still have to spend a college tuition (LITERALLY) on my tiny daughters education because I wouldn't let her get close to the Los Angels Unified School District.

Bring it back Adam, so yeah, Californians, go get yourself some post production tax.

Oh, just remembered, Best Buy doesn't do it exactly as a post production tax but they do it as a "price match". They don't have corporate accounts but if you mention it to them (ask for the store manage), they will give it to you. I was hesitant about putting this info out there as it's not really known or used by the masses and I would hate to have it closed and certainly a rush of consumers using business accounts would at best, make it more difficult for legitimate business owners and at worst, remove the whole thing but I have got a lot from you guys, so hopefully I can get you something you didn't know.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Just waiting on my last two arriving. Should be here tomorrow. Also the battery I ordered before the promo came, along with car charger and 2 props. (Bought a pack of two in Apple thinking there was 4 in a pack) all set now. Few things left to arrive but I'm happy.

46bd7c38361f9404736d45fe009b4946.jpg

95317c9cce11ecb52c2bd04ce4cac6ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3