Phantom 4 Advanced $799 at B&H for Next 24 Hours

Mavic 2 is indeed coming..
B&H was already selling the P4A on their DealZone for $829 three months ago. It's now back at $30 cheaper. Not a big change. Just a great deal. Original P4P price is still $1399 for comparison. So, you get the same P4P camera on the 2.4Ghz band, without the 5.8 Ghz band, and without the side and rear OA sensors of the P4P, for $600 less than the discounted P4P price!

B&H was already selling the P4A on their DealZone for $829 three months ago. It's now back at $30 cheaper. Not a big change. Just a great deal. Original P4P price is still $1399 for comparison. So, you get the same P4P camera on the 2.4Ghz band, without the 5.8 Ghz band, and without the side and rear OA sensors of the P4P, for $600 less than the discounted P4P price!
It is a great price, but personally I would wait for the M2 and pay ~$1300 and get a smaller, more modern drone, with OccuSync.

Assuming it gets the 1 inch sensor, of course. Otherwise it is dead on arrival.. trumped by Mavic Air, which is smaller.

It is a great price, but personally I would wait for the M2 and pay ~$1300 and get a smaller, more modern drone, with OccuSync.

Assuming it gets the 1 inch sensor, of course. Otherwise it is dead on arrival.. trumped by Mavic Air, which is smaller.
I may be wrong, and I hope I am, but I doubt the Mavic 2 will have the same 1" sensor. If you want OccuSync and the 1" sensor, it's available now on the newest P4P V2 for $1499. Larger form factor than the Mavic, but same image quality as the Inspire 2 with the original stock lens, at a significantly better price, and much smaller form factor than the Inspire. P4A at $799 is the currently the best value for access to the 1" sensor. Cheaper than the now discounted Mavic Pro.

Reactions: Simbo
Wish I would have seen that sale sooner. It's back up to $1199 at B&H, and the P4A refurb that DJI was selling just recently for $799 is now priced at $1049. If you got one new at $799, you got a helluva deal.

Wish I would have seen that sale sooner. It's back up to $1199 at B&H, and the P4A refurb that DJI was selling just recently for $799 is now priced at $1049. If you got one new at $799, you got a helluva deal.
Sign up for B&H's daily DealZone emails with 24 hour price reductions. The P4A seems to show up on it every 2-3 months at a very similar price, along with some other gems, and a lot of junk! Skip the junk, and snag the gems like the P4A! :cool:

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
I would have to agree. For the stuff that really matters to a majority, the P4A @ ~$800 is a great deal.
It's a good deal, I feel that the tradeoff is not insignificant. Even within VLOS, those side sensors have saved my butt. Orbiting and/or sliding sideways for that 'perfect shot'... it's good to have those training wheels (in tripod mode anyway).

It's a good deal, I feel that the tradeoff is not insignificant. Even within VLOS, those side sensors have saved my butt. Orbiting and/or sliding sideways for that 'perfect shot'... it's good to have those training wheels (in tripod mode anyway).
Since the side sensors only work in Tripod mode and in Beginner mode, their use is limited, as you describe. Personally, the tradeoff for me is also too significant, because I really need the extended range of the removed 5.8Ghz band in Auto, and prefer a completely stock lightweight setup, where I don't need to add an ITElite DBS 02 antenna, amps, and a supplemental battery for the amps, to the RC, to get the advertised 4.3 mile range on the 2.4Ghz band. However, for most everyone else, those missing features are not worth $600 more ($1399 v $799). :cool:

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj