Phantom 3 Standard camera vibration and twitching

Reaction score
Hey guys, so a week ago I received my P3s in the mail. I had spent around 12 hrs of reading/watching youtube videos just learning about the bird (including reading flyaway stories and learning from them). I have had a toy drone before which I learned for about 6 months.

So I noticed this potential issue when I took it for its first flight the next day. Immediately after I put it into a stable hover I noticed that the skids were vibrating at moderate frequencies (the vibrations of each skid were out of phase with each other i think). I also noticed that the camera was vibrating too. I thought I'd just try some recording out anyway. Took it about 100 meters high and got some pretty awesome footage, however I did notice that the camera had this twitch in it at some places. I've searched around a lot for someone who has a similar issue with their footage but couldn't find it.

When I hand-caught the drone (holding it by the skid) I could feel there was quite a lot of vibration. Today, I tried to record the vibration but its really hard to see in the clip because I think its frequency is too high. I will try record it again later in another clip. However I have uploaded some footage where there is a lot of the 'twitching effect'

Dropbox - Camera twitch.MP4

The twitching can be seen to start at around 0:27. It is there at 0:38, 0:46, 0:50, 0:58, 1:15

I'm not sure if this is normal, but my camera is definitely physically vibrating, but somehow the video it records is mostly stable.
Could anyone suggest what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance

Like Impulse, on the first flight of my new Phantom 3 Standard which was today 2/20/17, I noticed vibration of the whole air frame. I calibrated the IMU, Compass, and the Gimbal. None of which made a difference. Any suggestions would be awesome. It should be noted that there was very little wind, less than 2 mph. Thanks in advance.

This video can be download from SD card via USB? And what about balancing propellers?

Last edited:
This video can be download from SD card via USB? And what about balancing propellers?
Yes I will shortly post up a new video showing some sort of jello. Balancing propellers decreased skid vibration but the camera keeps vibrating. When hovering I reached up and felt the camera but felt no vibration. I feel the camera may be faulty.

My brand new p3s did this . I searched for days on the web, finally had to send it in.I received a new quad in return, but they did diagnose the problem being 2 main boards.I might still have the email for the exact terminology. Ill post later.

Sent from my SM-T217S using PhantomPilots mobile app

My brand new p3s did this . I searched for days on the web, finally had to send it in.I received a new quad in return, but they did diagnose the problem being 2 main boards.I might still have the email for the exact terminology. Ill post later.

Sent from my SM-T217S using PhantomPilots mobile app
Ok please do. I actually found where it is coming from - made a new thread: My Phantom 3 Standard makes a gimbal grinding noise when recording

Did your one do the something as that seen on the video posted in the new thread?

1489073009397.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj