b86d287e14956c984e740243d2d861ce.jpg

1bb008666c6430903edbe1755ec40628.jpg

8229c82cbe847ee04c9ae861293acb33.jpg

cc0ba5255bd9f36f19b328bf482353bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
48aaf5bc5e8cc5cd705413492b9b153d.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DMac
Nice Jake, try using a mask across the horizon so you could pull a bit more detail from the town, or crop it down so it's 2/3rds sky to get the dark in proportion.. Bust my two'penneth pal.. Nice shot [emoji106]

Cropping so that the ground is less than half the image would be about the only thing I would do.

So many people look at that dark area and immediately start to figure out ways to brighten it. I feel that without dark areas, there is no drama in the light. I think you need to decide what the subject is. If its the sky, focus on that. If its the ground, focus on fixing that. I don't think the ground was your subject. Lightening it I think would be a mistake. In fact, I would darken the last image's ground area to pull it down and then increase the exposure slightly to brighten the whole image. Not a lot. Just a little.

If you have lightroom, I think the clarity slider might just be your new friend on these photos.

Great shots! What items outside of default did you do to take an image like this? Did you use any filters? Do you remember what your exposure, iso, white balance, etc, might have been. I don't have any lenses and my night shots with just using AUTO have been very poor. Looking to improve on that.

Great shots! What items outside of default did you do to take an image like this? Did you use any filters? Do you remember what your exposure, iso, white balance, etc, might have been. I don't have any lenses and my night shots with just using AUTO have been very poor. Looking to improve on that.
Auto white balance 200 iso i played around with sliders live till I felt it was good. Ive found lower the better on everything umm I also has the shutter speed quick didnt wanna get alot of light in just play with sliders when ur doing it. The REALLY colorful one was a filter from instagram but the others are stock i dont have access to my Mac computer for light room or they would be amazing the sky was pink and bluw and just amazing i litterally stopped pn the side of the road when i seen the sunset in my mirror and flew up to capture it!!! Ive never put together my bird so quickly bahahah

Cropping so that the ground is less than half the image would be about the only thing I would do.

So many people look at that dark area and immediately start to figure out ways to brighten it. I feel that without dark areas, there is no drama in the light. I think you need to decide what the subject is. If its the sky, focus on that. If its the ground, focus on fixing that. I don't think the ground was your subject. Lightening it I think would be a mistake. In fact, I would darken the last image's ground area to pull it down and then increase the exposure slightly to brighten the whole image. Not a lot. Just a little.

If you have lightroom, I think the clarity slider might just be your new friend on these photos.
Thankyou for the nice comments and acutally my light room is on my mac this are stock other the. The brightly colored one that was a filter from instagram but yeah as soon as i have access to light room im pretty sure they are going to be amazing thanks again im actually going to edit the post to modifications i can make as u stated crop most of bottom :)

Nice Jake, try using a mask across the horizon so you could pull a bit more detail from the town, or crop it down so it's 2/3rds sky to get the dark in proportion.. Bust my two'penneth pal.. Nice shot [emoji106]

Love ur input and as soon as I can get to my mac ill bring out details and make it the way i wanted too :) i will have to say from stock photos the bird took great shots:) I am going to some quick fixes as u described but other then that jist waiting tonget back to the house and edit them better i was just so excited to show yall :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl