Phantom 3 Professional f mode

Reaction score
I have a Nexsus 2 tablet I have a Phantom 3 Pro. I have latest firmware update, Have reinstalled Go App. f mode use to work some time ago when i first got it.. about 5 years ago.. wanted to use it after getting my certification and it will not work... when put into f mode at 30 feet all it does is flicker at me and gives me no choices.. flight mode is enabled. I have also put it in f mode when starting it up... still the same thing.. anyone have an idea? or should I just send it to DJI.. tablet and all.
Video on Problem sorry for the bad camera work https://www.dropbox.com/s/zs9ugu5o3mf96wy/Phantom%203%20Pro%20f-mode%20problems.wmv?dl=0

I presume he means the Flight Mode switch on the Remote Controller in the "f" position?

Screenshot 2021-07-03 at 08.38.14.png

Have you read the manual?

F-mode (Function): Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC) is activated in this mode. For more information about IOC, refer to the IOC section in the Appendix which says:
By default, the Flight Mode Switch is locked to P-mode. To unlock other flight modes, launch the DJI GO app, enter the “Camera” page, and tap “Mode”, then activate “Multiple Flight Mode”.

Last edited:
I presume he means the Flight Mode switch on the Remote Controller in the "f" position?
By default, the Flight Mode Switch is locked to P-mode. To unlock other flight modes, launch the DJI GO app, enter the “Camera” page, and tap “Mode”, then activate “Multiple Flight Mode”.

The video shows that he has done that, My guess is that the latest version of the app has a problem on the older Nexus tablets, might I suggest you try it on a newer device, preferably IOS as the app works better on those.

Reactions: Capt KO

flight mode is enabled.
Do you mean .. Multiple Flight Modes enabled?
I have also put it in f mode when starting it up... still the same thing.. anyone have an idea? or should I just send it to DJI.. tablet and all.
Why are you wanting to use F mode anyway?
I only ever used it when doing mapping missions with a 3rd party app.
It's not much use in DJI Go.

Yes , I have done the previous suggestions.. f mode is the flight mode. P.O.I , Follow Me, Way Points, etc. As in the video I attached ,, I have done the previous comments plus I have tried it after take off at 30ft AGL and also have started the drone already in f mode .. etc.. I think cheddarman just might be correct. with all the updates on DJI Go app and firmware updates... My Nexsus 2nd Generation might be the problem... oh well.. I would really like the flight modes to work, but for now just have to do without.. spending 800 bucks on current device isn't in the cards.. But hey, thanks to everyone for your help and making sure I checked everything out before giving up.
This is a great place to ask questions... Thanks Again..

As of:

DJI GO v3.1.52 (2019-03-11)
and
DJI GO4 v4.1.0 (2017-05-25)

User is required to log into their DJI account once.
When not, flight distance and height will be restricted.

Also:
P3P All-in-One firmware v1.11.20 (2017-07-06)
Requires the DJI GO iOS app v3.1.12 or later, or Android v3.1.6 or later, otherwise flight is restricted to a height of 30m and distance of 50m.

Also:
The aircraft must be in the air before you can activate multiple-flight-mode.

I cannot find anywhere where they stay the Nexsus 2nd Generation is compatible with your set-up.
Get a (cheap) Nvidia Shield or similar, not very expensive.

As of:

DJI GO v3.1.52 (2019-03-11)
and
DJI GO4 v4.1.0 (2017-05-25)

User is required to log into their DJI account once.
When not, flight distance and height will be restricted.

Also:
P3P All-in-One firmware v1.11.20 (2017-07-06)
Requires the DJI GO iOS app v3.1.12 or later, or Android v3.1.6 or later, otherwise flight is restricted to a height of 30m and distance of 50m.

Also:
The aircraft must be in the air before you can activate multiple-flight-mode.
Yes have have met all those requirements .. have tried it at or above 30feet AGL.. and taken off in f mode or (intelligent flight mode) also. How ever i will check again on the Android version one more time. Thanks for your advise and input.. just finished checking Android v which is 6.01,(kernel version 3.4.0-gad29d11) and Tablet is a Nexus 7.

Last edited:
I cannot find anywhere where they stay the Nexsus 2nd Generation is compatible with your set-up.
Get a (cheap) Nvidia Shield or similar, not very expensive.
Will look into it... when first bought the phantom 3 pro, DJI had the approved Devices that were comparable in a list and that is why I bought the Nexus 2, it was in the list. but , you know how things change... perhaps it would worth while to go back to DJI website and see what Devices are approved now a days for a Phantom 3 Pro. Thanks again cheddarman... I want to correct the Nexus statment... it is a Nexus 7 generation 2.. not Nexus 2.. opps..

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen