Phantom 3 Pro w/ Epson Movero goggles!

Awesome, that's really low latency - thank you! How about the latency from an iOS device to the BT-200 using AirPlay? Might be hard, need to point the camcorder lens into the BT-200 eyeglass, but should be possible...

But now ... to keep u going.... here a test I did some time ago using the screen mirror app that built in to the TAB S and BT 200's.... So I've done what you have asked here before... not easy... but doable.. :)

I didn't see this1/2 second lag with iPhone 6+ and BT 200's last night during my testing.

Reactions: CloudsNeverDie
Claydoc -
thanks so much for posting this information. The BT-200 glasses are incredible for my P2V but I've been stymied trying to get them to work with my P3P. Just can't get miracast to connect to my nvidia sheild.

How did you load AIRPIN on the BT-200? Sideload?

The Dlink router you mention is portable (meaning has it's own battery) so that's cool. I've got an NVidia Sheild for my P3P, looks like you had some lag issues with Androids - Do you think it was the speed of your device or just the App? I've got an iPhone 6 that I can use if necessary so maybe I'll try them both.

Just have to beg the mrs for that router - just spent my "allowance" (LOL) on a microraptor case for my P3P.

Yes I also have the BT 200's for my now sold PH2V+...

Sorry don't have access to a Sheild to test..

Airpin on my BT-200's? ... installed the Amazon app on the BT 200's and downloaded from Amazon. Side load would work too. (If u can get the APK file)

Yep Dlink is cool and fast as... about $100.

TAB S Android .. yes lag problems. (With the rest of the world.) But not given up on TAB S... It has the best screen and 8 CPU's... Just Wait for DJI to sort it out. If I clean the TAB S off all its non useful apps and useful ones?... It did work ok... but made the tab s useless for anything else other than DJI app. DJI and its app / GPS working it to death... But it also working the iPhone 6+ hard too.... after 2 battery flights? 50% of battery gone! hehe!

But your shied should work well ?? clean out the junk... ? kill all running stuff u don't need with the free Zapper app...

yes the boss (Mrs) hehe!

Have fun... that's what's it all about... :)

Thanks so much!! Very much appreciated. It seems like the lag from iPhone 6 to BT-200 is about 100ms on average, which is pretty good. The lag of the Phantom's video link itself is about 200ms, so 100ms is quite acceptable.

Is there anyway to make this work without the DIR-510L router? It's annoying to have to carry and turn on yet another piece of equipment...

Thanks so much!! Very much appreciated. It seems like the lag from iPhone 6 to BT-200 is about 100ms on average, which is pretty good. The lag of the Phantom's video link itself is about 200ms, so 100ms is quite acceptable.

Is there anyway to make this work without the DIR-510L router? It's annoying to have to carry and turn on yet another piece of equipment...

yes not much delay.... None that I could notice anyhow.. (And A lot better than the current Android problems)

Yes another device.... not a big deal really... just turn it on is all u have to do. I did try the "Personal Hotspot" on iPhone.... but at times I got drop outs on both iPhone and BT 200 in the DJI app.

Regs Chris

ok... here you go..

1. Download Airpin Pro app from Waxrain. (or Amazon app store, I did it this way.)
2. Install Airpin pro on the BT 200's
3. Restart Bt 200's and the airpin pro app starts automatically.
4. Connect both Bt 200's and your Apple device to the DLink router via wifi.
5. Startup Airplay on your apple device ( swipe up from bottom of screen)
6. Select your Bt 200 device from Apple airplay
7. Select screen mirroring.
8. Start DJI app

your away...

I tested last night with two full flights (+40) mins with out any problems... :)

I had to do this as my Android device (TAB S) wont work at this time due to the firmware problems and video lag in the app.

So using my iPhone 6+

I use the Dlink DIR-510L as its AC750 speeds and is portable... :)

Any questions? please just ask.

View attachment 22047

So I must say you really gave me high hopes...
But it isn't working yet for me, so I need your help...

First, I upgraded my moverio glasses to the latest firmware D1.1.2
Then I downloaded waxrain AirPlay LITE. This is not the exact version you recommended but this was the only thing I could download. The professional one is not downloadable on my glasses.
After installing I rebooted, changed the name of the device and saw it was ready.
Then I went to my iPad and in AirPlay I did see the device name. I selected it, and on the glasses I got an error message: built in firmware in your device does not support this format. Error code 1-0000002

Any clues? If it is due to using lite vs pro, how do I buy and download pro on the glasses?

Reactions: Claydoc911
Correct!
So my problem was installing the amazon app, which is the only way for me to purchase paid apps.
The regular link for installing amazon on the moverio returned "Installed failed".
I ended up
  • downloading the apk on my pc from: http://www.amazon.com/getandroidapp,
  • saving it to a microSD card,
  • inserting it in the Moverio brick and
  • performing the installation from there.
  • For those that have not done this before: after inserting the card,
  • search the SEviewer application (purple folder), it will list your folders. In there find sdcard2 and browse for the amazon app apk.
  • Install, and confirm.
  • Afterwards in amazon app. put your credentials, search the AirPlay PRO, download. and install.
  • Start the AirPlay PRO app, confirm the message and change the name of the device. I named it Moverio so I can easily distinguish it.
  • Start your iphone and select AirPlay-->Moverio@227 (that is the number that shows on mine after the device name).
  • Make sure screen mirorring is on.
  • You should now see the video mirrored!

Thanks Claydoc911 for this idea.
I have now ordered my portable router. Can't wait to try this. If there is one thing that annoyed me about the P3P, it was that I could not use the glasses anymore.
This will become exciting again!!!

Last edited:
Cool.... Enjoy...

two things.... I put the Amazon app on my BT 200's and download app that way.

... and did you read my how to do it on the first page? hehe!

Try the iPhone hotspot for now and see how you go..

Regs Chris

The
Cool.... Enjoy...

two things.... I put the Amazon app on my BT 200's and download app that way.

... and did you read my how to do it on the first page? hehe!

Try the iPhone hotspot for now and see how you go..

Regs Chris
I did read your how-to on the first page. Thanks again!
The only way I could install the amazon app was through the sd card.
Browsing the link did not work, neither did the 1 Mobile Market app.
Hopefully all these instructions are useful for other people as well.

So two questions:
  1. Which firmware version are your glasses?
  2. Are you using them with the earphones since the new app has sound feedback?

Mmmm link didn't work for the Amazon app... weird??? ... oh well many ways to skin a cat they say.... :)

BT 200 FW....R1.1.2

Never tried headphones.... but did just now... works fine. :)

Chris

Correct!
So my problem was installing the amazon app, which is the only way for me to purchase paid apps.
The regular link for installing amazon on the moverio returned "Installed failed".
I ended up
  • downloading the apk on my pc from: http://www.amazon.com/getandroidapp,
  • saving it to a microSD card,
  • inserting it in the Moverio brick and
  • performing the installation from there.
  • For those that have not done this before: after inserting the card,
  • search the SEviewer application (purple folder), it will list your folders. In there find sdcard2 and browse for the amazon app apk.
  • Install, and confirm.
  • Afterwards in amazon app. put your credentials, search the AirPlay PRO, download. and install.
  • Start the AirPlay PRO app, confirm the message and change the name of the device. I named it Moverio so I can easily distinguish it.
  • Start your iphone and select AirPlay-->Moverio@227 (that is the number that shows on mine after the device name).
  • Make sure screen mirorring is on.
  • You should now see the video mirrored!

Thanks Claydoc911 for this idea.
I have now ordered my portable router. Can't wait to try this. If there is one thing that annoyed me about the P3P, it was that I could not use the glasses anymore.
This will become exciting again!!!

I take the point well made above as to downloading the App (DJI Phantom 3?) to an SD card first, but how does one connect the glasses to the DJI control unit/transmitter. Do I need to get an HDMI module? What sort of cable is needed and which ports is it connected to?

Many thanks,

Adam Carr

Does anybody know if the phantom vision three is compatible with Epson Movero goggles ? Is anyone using a similar setup. I was using them successfully with my pv2+.

Nope the "Phantom Vision" series such as the Phantom 2 Vision Plus version 3 does not use HDMI out.

On the other hand if you're talking about the Phantom 3 Pro / Adv with the add on HDMI out module, then any goggles or screen that support a 720p HDMI out should work with them.

ok... here you go..

1. Download Airpin Pro app from Waxrain. (or Amazon app store, I did it this way.)
2. Install Airpin pro on the BT 200's
3. Restart Bt 200's and the airpin pro app starts automatically.
4. Connect both Bt 200's and your Apple device to the DLink router via wifi.
5. Startup Airplay on your apple device ( swipe up from bottom of screen)
6. Select your Bt 200 device from Apple airplay
7. Select screen mirroring.
8. Start DJI app

your away...

I tested last night with two full flights (+40) mins with out any problems... :)

I had to do this as my Android device (TAB S) wont work at this time due to the firmware problems and video lag in the app.

So using my iPhone 6+

I use the Dlink DIR-510L as its AC750 speeds and is portable... :)

Any questions? please just ask.

View attachment 22047

Is this how to connect Epson Moverio FPV glasses to a phantom 3 prof? Adam Carr.

I recently bought the BT-200 on Amazon (US version) and received the developer edition, I could never get them to work, after much research finally found out the apparently the developer version is unable to mirror, only the retail version is able to do so. I returned the moveiros *which I really liked otherwise) and got the cinemizers which I have not been able to use yet... waiting for an NVIDIA shield or the HDMI upgrade board which has not yet shipped.

Hi guys you mention this method using an iPhone, but can this still work with an ipad 2? Also is this method still available and working what with app firmware updates.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik