Phantom 3 Pro - how to get over a bad firmware upgrade

Reaction score
This is not my first rodeo, evidently DJI keeps forgetting how to do a simple upgrade. What were they thinking with a bin file and put it on a card and boot and hope the firmware sticks... Seriously they should stick with the Windows/Mac apps they have already built for this...

I did as the instructions suggested when I got my new P3 Pro today and when it finished it just beeped constantly - would not stop.. Irritating (and loud) as hell. Got DJI support via web support and they said - oops! Bad update of the firmware.. just reflash.. Problem was it wouldn't stop beeping.. Short version: They were right; I formatted up the SD card again, put a new firmware on it, popped it into the slot, made sure the RC was off before I turned on the P3 and ... in-spite of the constant beeping..(I put it in a closet) 15 mins later it stopped beeping then D-D,D and Poof! all done.

So if your getting that constant beeping - reflash. It works. Just be patient.

Lastly the good:

AMAZING flight and controls. I have a Phantom 1, 2 (FPV w/ Gopro 4) and Vison, and now P3 Pro. With the video down & controls this simply STICKS in the air - I mean NO movement. I did a quick test video and my wife came in and thought it was a still photo - nope - P3 sitting at 200 ft - motionless. Hats off DJI, you did good. This is by far the most impressive piece of kit. I had plans if this didn't go well I was going directly to a Inspire.. Nope don't need to, I have one.. its called a P3 Pro.

While not necessarily intuitive if you are used to the prior ways of upgrading, if you follow the directions and format the SD card then do a clean install of the bin file, I have never had it fail for me.

This is not my first rodeo, evidently DJI keeps forgetting how to do a simple upgrade. What were they thinking with a bin file and put it on a card and boot and hope the firmware sticks... Seriously they should stick with the Windows/Mac apps they have already built for this...

I did as the instructions suggested when I got my new P3 Pro today and when it finished it just beeped constantly - would not stop.. Irritating (and loud) as hell. Got DJI support via web support and they said - oops! Bad update of the firmware.. just reflash.. Problem was it wouldn't stop beeping.. Short version: They were right; I formatted up the SD card again, put a new firmware on it, popped it into the slot, made sure the RC was off before I turned on the P3 and ... in-spite of the constant beeping..(I put it in a closet) 15 mins later it stopped beeping then D-D,D and Poof! all done.

Lastly the good:

AMAZING flight and controls. I have a Phantom 1, 2 (FPV w/ Gopro 4) and Vison, and now P3 Pro. With the video down & controls this simply STICKS in the air - I mean NO movement. I did a quick test video and my wife came in and thought it was a still photo - nope - P3 sitting at 200 ft - motionless. Hats off DJI, you did good. This is by far the most impressive piece of kit. I had plans if this didn't go well I was going directly to a Inspire.. Nope don't need to, I have one.. its called a P3 Pro.
How do you "Reflash" the card. I have the same problem...reloaded the firmware twice but have not done a reformat. Thanks!

I agree that the way to upgrade the FW in the P3 SUCKS!!!! Using the Windows/Mac app to do it was the way to go! It showed you the version of FW on every module in the bird, remote, camera, battery. And it takes MUCH longer to do it with the SD card. 15-20 minutes to do bird and remote upgrade.

Lastly the good:

Just had the same problem, and your solution worked - reformat the card, then wait and try not to lose to mind during the loud beeping for 30 minutes. Thanks.

Local Dji shop not to upgrade for a radio bricking problem. I didnt and my new p3 pro flew fine, took stills and shot some 1080p video. What am I missing here?

Lastly the good:

I have the inspire too..its even more stable than my P3P.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers