P3 Firmware Phantom 3 Pro disconnect issues

Reaction score
Has anybody figured out how to cure the disconnect issue? Just lately mine will connect then within a minute says it’s disconnected. I can still control control the flight if I can see it. Really frustrated tempted to just let it fly off! Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Has anybody figured out how to cure the disconnect issue? Just lately mine will connect then within a minute says it’s disconnected. I can still control control the flight if I can see it. Really frustrated tempted to just let it fly off! Any info would be greatly appreciated.
If you still have control of the AC, you're not really disconnected. Are you saying the app says disconnected?

If you still have control of the AC, you're not really disconnected. Are you saying the app says disconnected?

Yes the top of the screen that shows the live video says disconnected
I still have control of the drone though.

Yes the top of the screen that shows the live video says disconnected
I still have control of the drone though.
Never experienced this, but if it were me, here is what I would do:

1) Un-install/re-install the app
2) test flight using a different cable between the mobile device and controller

Two other pieces of information taht others could use to help you:

1) screen shot of the "disconnected" screen
2) flight log.

The flight log may not contain anything since you're still connected, but there are some people here that can read something I can't.

Here is the link to the flight viewer along with instructions. DJI Flight Log Viewer

Once you have uploaded and can view the file, copy and paste a link back here.

I have just started having the exact same problem with my Phantom 3 Advanced...did you get yours sorted it would be interesting to know how....Many thanks

I have just started having the exact same problem with my Phantom 3 Advanced...did you get yours sorted it would be interesting to know how....Many thanks
Yes, it is very often the cable. We've seen that so many times that it's always the first thing to try.

We've also seen that issue regularly be caused by a bad USB board in the RC which may be your issue when considering you just had other issues with your RC requiring a reflow.
Perhaps during the reflow process a cable was loosened or disconnected. That's something to consider since you've already changed your cable.

Also, if everything looks secure inside the RC with regards to the interface board, another option could be to try the HDMI module add on which replaces that board. There is also an option to troubleshoot and fix the board. If you are curious about that, check out this excellent post.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic