Phantom 3 controller went dead during update, help!

No lights or disconnected?

No lights or disconnected?
It's showing all white lights on the controller. The status indicator light as well as the battery level indicator lights, they are all solid white. I've tried the C1 C2 rec etc.. method and it doesn't respond. The usb connection is charging my phone so I know it's active but it won't sync with the drone. I've tried to go into the settings menu and link rc to drone by pressing the reset button on the drone to pair them and nothing. When I try to update firmware with the same file that worked on the drone it says firmware failed to update. I am really at a loss as to my next course of action, besides sending the remote back to DJI.....?

It's showing all white lights on the controller. The status indicator light as well as the battery level indicator lights, they are all solid white. I've tried the C1 C2 rec etc.. method and it doesn't respond. The usb connection is charging my phone so I know it's active but it won't sync with the drone. I've tried to go into the settings menu and link rc to drone by pressing the reset button on the drone to pair them and nothing. When I try to update firmware with the same file that worked on the drone it says firmware failed to update. I am really at a loss as to my next course of action, besides sending the remote back to DJI.....?
I had a remote that was 2 days old that did that. Luckily the DJI dealer I purchased from swapped it and he delt with DJI return. He said it was a bad remote.

That's why I NEVER update....(Learned several revisions ago).

They can take their restrictions and.... ( Dr. Procotologee, please come to the update room... Dr. Proctologee...).......

Reactions: SrChap and Oso
The usb connection is charging my phone so I know it's active.. When I try to update firmware with the same file that worked on the drone it says firmware failed to update.
Are you trying to update your RC with a USB stick and bin file on a SD card? If so, that hasn't been the correct process for about 2 years now.

Here are the most often referenced instructions for updating:
P3 Firmware - HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware

Last edited:
Phantom 3 controller went dead during update, help!
I have bricked two controllers trying to update the firmware through the GO app. Nevermore! My new (3rd) controller won't update using USB (the old way) either. The only solution was to buy a new controller. Nobody I've contacted about this seems to know what the problem is. My only suggestion is ... DON'T TRY TO UPDATE YOUR CONTROLLER FIRMWARE

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
I have bricked two controllers trying to update the firmware through the GO app. Nevermore! My new (3rd) controller won't update using USB (the old way) either. The only solution was to buy a new controller. Nobody I've contacted about this seems to know what the problem is. My only suggestion is ... DON'T TRY TO UPDATE YOUR CONTROLLER FIRMWARE
You really had to buy a new controller?!? I was gonna try sending it to DJI but I haven't heard a response from anyone who has so I don't really know how that scenario will play out either. Thanks for responding though. Did the new controller link up correctly with the drone?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31