Phantom 3 Battery won't charge

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to this scene and I have just bought a Phantom 3 Standard second hand. The drone is in excellent condition however one of the batteries will not charge. If i press the on button the red light comes on and the furthest green light flashes 3 times and then both go off. If I press the on button then release and hold down again the red light comes on and the 4 green lights come on in order from the furthest to the closest. The 4 green lights then go off and the furthest green light flashes before both the red and the green go off. When I plug the battery in the red light comes on and the four green lights light up in sequence from furthest to closest. It does this 4 times and then the furthest green light flashes 3 times before both the red and green lights go off again. I have tried many reset type procedures that I have found online but nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards
Gordon

Reactions: Shoot4fun
Guess my first question is, did you plug it into the drone to see if it has power? May be charged enough to maintain, but isn't below its "low" threshold? A place to start.

Brad

btw, Welcome to the forum! Lots of knowledge here. Just ask, do some searches. Some of the smarter ones will be along shortly to help more than I can!

Brad

Guess my first question is, did you plug it into the drone to see if it has power? May be charged enough to maintain, but isn't below its "low" threshold? A place to start.

Brad
Hi Brad,

I Didn't know or think to try this but I have now and still the same thing i'm afraid... Thanks for the suggestion though..

Another option is a Forced charge. With the battery unplugged, turn it on like you would if it were in the drone, press red button, release, press and hold for 2 seconds. Soon as the lights come on and stay, plug charger in. See what that does.

Brad

Reactions: Capt KO and RodPad
@gordbart,
Welcome to the Forum!

As @Shoot4fun said a Forced Charge, I use that method to top off a battery for a long mission.

I call it topping off the battery. ;)

If you don't trust the battery, then don't use it..

If you haven't look at in the manual, page #15 start of the Phantom Battery

Lots of information here:

Rod

Another option is a Forced charge. With the battery unplugged, turn it on like you would if it were in the drone, press red button, release, press and hold for 2 seconds. Soon as the lights come on and stay, plug charger in. See what that does.

Brad
Hi Brad,

I have tried this but when I plug the battery in the red light comes on and the four green lights light up in sequence from furthest to closest. It does this 4 times and then the furthest green light flashes 3 times before both the red and green lights go off again.

Rgds
Gordon

@gordbart,
Welcome to the Forum!

As @Shoot4fun said a Forced Charge, I use that method to top off a battery for a long mission.

I call it topping off the battery. ;)

If you don't trust the battery, then don't use it..

If you haven't look at in the manual, page #15 start of the Phantom Battery

Lots of information here:

Rod
Hi Rod,

Thanks for the link to the manual, that was very useful but unfortunately does not give any insight into my problem. I have tried the forced charge method and that doesn't work either. Thanks anyway though...

Rgds
Gordon

Reactions: RodPad
I have a battery with the exact same condition and light sequence. Did you every find a resolution to this problem?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues