Phantom 3 Backpack

Any recommendations for a case under $100? No plane traveling just at home and in the car.

I bought an inexpensive backpack for my P2v+ off ebay and really like it. As others have mentioned, the weak point is the top of the shoulder pads, where they connect to the backpack. Mine was pulling loose so I simply stitched them on and it's good to go.

The P3 _does fit into the pack. However, the controller did not only as the foam was cut out to fit the P2 controller. The same backpacks are for sale on ebay for the P3. My P2 backpack has some of the foam removed from under the landing gear. This also would be needed for it to fit the P3. It could be left in but then it would be a little tight.

This pack is not made for a long hike as the Think Tank is but it's only only $60. I like that it has foam throughout the pack.

If you did a search on ebay for "Phantom 3" and backpack you will find many listed.

20150502_160447.jpg

I own this think tank pack and love it. It is expensive but you get what you pay for. Very comfortable to wear and all of my phantom accessories fit. Cannot wait to put my P3 in it. As of right now my P2v+ occupies the case.

Couple of issues with the review. First, this is a dedicated pack for your phantom. The helipad retails for $239.75. If you want a camera bag and a phantom bag then you'll need the airport accelerator ($294.75) and then the divider kit ($34.75). If your savvy you can search for discounts. The discount comes in the form of a free item. Overall the review was meh. If your going to do a review, know your product and pricing and for gods sake PLEASE put a bird and accessories in the bag.

The P3pro fits nicely into the ThinkTank Helipak. Below are a couple examples...

IMG_0819.jpg
IMG_0820.jpg
IMG_0821.jpg

I invested in something a tad cheaper: Vanguard Hi Rise II 48. Its $70 cheaper and not meant for a drone but it sure holds one well. I have a spot for my props, battery, (other batteries when they become available), tools, tablet, controller, etc. Its meant to be a DSLR backpack but honestly it doesn't make a good one (I have LowePro pack that does a far better job for that, but its too thin to carry the phantom).

Think tank makes some nice products, and it does look like they were being thoughtful here, but honestly $70 is $70.

Think tank airport helipak.
I've been told that for depth around 10" is truly suggested for the phantom 3, this is only is 7.6".
Does someone have this backpack and does it fit?

Downshift,

I have the helipak from ThinkTank. I can confirm that the Phantom 3 Professional does indeed fit perfectly. Look at the photographs above in the thread under my username. That is the P3pro in the helipak. I love this bag for my bird and highly recommend it, if it is in your budget.

Downshift,

I have the helipak from ThinkTank. I can confirm that the Phantom 3 Professional does indeed fit perfectly. Look at the photographs above in the thread under my username. That is the P3pro in the helipak. I love this bag for my bird and highly recommend it, if it is in your budget.
Thanks for the reply.
I live in the Netherlands, so I have to wait until dealers get it here.
Could you make a front/horizontal picture from the backpack with the drone in it?:)

I don't trust baggage handlers. Ship the batteries in the checked luggage and hand carry the P3, much safer. (you have to check Lo-Po batteries)
This was a couple of days back but it's not correct.
For anyone wanting to travel by air, you cannot put your batteries in checked luggage.
Airlines are taking Lithium batteries very seriously.
i-8mvbLDb-L.jpg

Your P3 batteries have a Watt Hour rating of 68Wh.

I used to but I don't trust baggage handlers. Ship the batteries in the checked luggage and hand carry the P3, much safer. (you have to check Lo-Po batteries) But in any case $240 is more than I can spend on a backpack.
no you have that wrong you have to carry on batteries as I have made many flights with mine and the tradercraft case fights in almost all airlines overheads.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or...edia/faa_airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf

Q2. What kinds of batteries does the FAA allow in checked baggage?

A2.
Except for spare (uninstalled) lithium metal and lithium-ion batteries, all the batteries allowed in carry-on baggage are also

allowed in checked baggage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic