Phantom 3 Advanced range problem

Reaction score
I just bought a P3A to replace my P3S hoping to get better range. Took it on its 1st flight by the beach so it had a wide open area for clear signal and could only fly just under 4000 feet, (300 ft high) before I lost all connection. App and all firmware is up to date as well as antennas being in proper position. Very disappointed with quad copter, the P3S got almost similar range.
...any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-T377V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just took my P3A out yesterday and I kept losing my signal and this never happens ....come to find out it was my USB to micro mini cable ....it wasnt making contact correctly in my phone. I would check and jiggle the wire and see if you loose signal......good luck

I just bought a P3A to replace my P3S hoping to get better range. Took it on its 1st flight by the beach so it had a wide open area for clear signal and could only fly just under 4000 feet, (300 ft high) before I lost all connection. App and all firmware is up to date as well as antennas being in proper position. Very disappointed with quad copter, the P3S got almost similar range.
...any suggestions?

"Lost all connection" such as RTH was triggered?

Yes, tablet looses all connection (video signal, flight data etc.) and RC looses connection, light turns red instead of the the green. RTH is automatically initiated and aircraft comes back. All connection and signal returns once it gets closer. It just is out of range. Was hoping to at least get to 1.5 or 2 miles. It only gets about the same range as a P3S.

Yes, tablet looses all connection (video signal, flight data etc.) and RC looses connection, light turns red instead of the the green. RTH is automatically initiated and aircraft comes back. All connection and signal returns once it gets closer. It just is out of range. Was hoping to at least get to 1.5 or 2 miles. It only gets about the same range as a P3S.
Well, it's possible that:
  • You got a bad AC/RC
  • You are in a CE area that has smaller ranges than FCC areas (didn't see if you mentioned what country you are in)
  • There is something in the area that massively interferes with the communication between the bird and the controller
Tried flying in a different location?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj