phantom 3 advanced battery mod question everyone read this!!

Reaction score
phantom 3 advanced battery question and possible fix maybe.

1: broken cell damage
2: get 4 leds light then get 1 bar then turns off.
3: leds come on but then goes off.
4: 1 bar blinking.

opened up the phantom 3 A battery found no bulges on battery connected led strip lights directly working fine.

look at the video i made

now also i was thinking each battery is 3.8v , can we not add and replace better quality ones i mean best ones we can find and then maybe the time of flight will also increase , you never know u not tested it so u dont no.

companies can sell rubbish and say its quality stuff people will beleive it until u open it and find out it isnt what it claim to be , in tht case putting in quality branded batteries will give longer life and good performance.

reason dji batteries mess up or gives errors after xx charge cause they are low quality batteries cheap.

the battery is not programmed so we can just de-solder them and take it off and put new ones in and the chip will do its normal job.

1: blinking errors not turning on can be pcb problem..
2: i have full batter charged and when i press and hold it , i get 3 bars blinking 1 dead so it means that battery maybe damaged or something wrong with connection, i will diagnose and get back.

yeh and its not original.

the original dji battery u have most of the time battery it self gets buldge or damage and u can change then and their u have your original one fixed
I never buy original batteries for anything and I have never had a problem. On my go pro I average about 6 batteries a year, go pro, wasabi, top max, whatever, the only difference is the price. The first 6 I used were 2 go pro as I got one free, and 4 wasabi, in terms of performance I couldn't tell the difference. I am now on top max and floureon, the heat in Vietnam in the midday sun kills them on my helmet. Likewise with cameras, and phones. I just buy whatever is cheap and has good reviews, which with batteries seems to be all of them.
Look at the reviews on amazon.com and banggood for the batteries OEM and NON OEM and see the differences.

I never buy original batteries for anything and I have never had a problem. On my go pro I average about 6 batteries a year, go pro, wasabi, top max, whatever, the only difference is the price. The first 6 I used were 2 go pro as I got one free, and 4 wasabi, in terms of performance I couldn't tell the difference. I am now on top max and floureon, the heat in Vietnam in the midday sun kills them on my helmet. Likewise with cameras, and phones. I just buy whatever is cheap and has good reviews, which with batteries seems to be all of them.
Look at the reviews on amazon.com and banggood for the batteries OEM and NON OEM and see the differences.
It's generally a differential around 20% less so that is just not worth the risk IMO. I've only ever bought OEM (I've bought an additional three to add to the one I bought at the same time as the 3A, but only when they've been on a good offer which, as it turned out in my case, were actually less than the non OEM batteries at that time.

It's generally a differential around 20% less so that is just not worth the risk IMO. I've only ever bought OEM (I've bought an additional three to add to the one I bought at the same time as the 3A, but only when they've been on a good offer which, as it turned out in my case, were actually less than the non OEM batteries at that time.
Of the 9 non OEM on Amazon.com 7 quote the same figures as OEM, one is greater and one is less. So your generalisation is wrong. But, if you can get the OEM for the same price or less then I would go for it.

Also, if you have a non genuine battery and have a warranty claim for anything, battery related or not involving a crash. Say if a motor siezes, DJI will deny the claim.
But if you are out of the warranty, it doesn't matter I guess. But it is a risk. There have been a number of complaints about failing non DJI batteries on this forum.

Is it just me, or does anybody know what these guys are talking about?
It started with hanna21 saying he wanted to rebuild a failed DJI battery with off-the-shelf higher capacity batteries and was then pointed to non OE batteries as a replacement... does that help?

It started with hanna21 saying he wanted to rebuild a failed DJI battery with off-the-shelf higher capacity batteries and was then pointed to non OE batteries as a replacement... does that help?

not of the shelf but using my own original failed to start battery.

my battery fails to start up when i press and hold 4 bars come then shows 1 bar then turns off , this is most likely a pcb issue as i checked the battery has no bulge on them and tested them using led lights directly.

i also was saying that buying better qualtty battery packs open then and put it in that one so you have your original dji battery with quality custom battery pack u got from ebay.
most important is the pcb bord on the dji battery this is the one that the drone reconize to se if the battery is original , default batteries pack inside the battery case are **** am guessing so bettter to replace it with good battery packs and test it may get 40min or more flight time.

look at the video again look at the design of the inside the pcb , the layout and design is simple , the battery is controlled by this simple pcb board u se , this pcb has failed and replacement of that board will get your battery working again.

i will suggest people that love modding to de-solder the battery packs and re solder new qualty packs with more mah on them that will give long flight time

what am saying is rebuilding the dji battery pack and leaving the pcb board intact.

Note that DJI uses LiPo batteries with full charge voltage rating higher than standard LiPO
LiHV I think. Using standard LiPo with OEM battery controller may cause issues since the controller will try to charge the batteries at higher than the batteries are rated for.

Reactions: Numone
Note that DJI uses LiPo batteries with full charge voltage rating higher than standard LiPO
LiHV I think. Using standard LiPo with OEM battery controller may cause issues since the controller will try to charge the batteries at higher than the batteries are rated for.

maybe get same model battery pack but with more mah and re solder them on it removing old packs it will work i know.

reason after xxx charge dji battery fails cause the pcb or some cheap components inside screws up cheap stuff , open it and add duty components on then it wil last long

not of the shelf but using my own original failed to start battery.

i will suggest people that love modding to de-solder the battery packs and re solder new qualty packs with more mah on them that will give long flight time

what am saying is rebuilding the dji battery pack and leaving the pcb board intact.

Which is exactly what I said I believe - replace the cells in the DJI battery with other off-the-shelf units...

maybe get same model battery pack but with more mah and re solder them on it removing old packs it will work i know.

reason after xxx charge dji battery fails cause the pcb or some cheap components inside screws up cheap stuff , open it and add duty components on then it wil last long
Well, I say go ahead and please let us know how it plays out..

IIRC, the most common stories of LiPo fires fall into two main categories...

...over or improper charging,
and external trauma.

Not looking to chastise such tinkering but rather emphasize the importance of respecting the potential dangers involved.

So I watched the video. You have a wire cut (maybe two) to the battery and you expect the controller to report everything is OK? Sheesh. If you can't figure THAT out, don't go modding the pack.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl