Phantom 3 Adv DJI Go App Problem (Bad USB?)

Reaction score
Just got my hands on a Phantom 3 Adv drone but can't get it to connect with the app. The device recognizes the usb signal but it seems to turn on and off all the time.

I have tried these different methods;

-Resetting the app & reinstalling multiple times
-Resetting the tablet
-Re-Linking the drone and the controller
-USB Debugging on and off
-Using different cables (~10 of them, Original cables and ones from the store)
-Using 2 different tablets & 4 different phones from different manufacturers (Micro and USB-C)
-Different startup order (RC, Mobile Device, AC)
-Trying to update the AC to the latest update (Already updated)
-No Idea if the controller has the latest update (Should be since it connects fine to the drone?)

Devices I've tried;

- Huawei MediaPad T1-A21L
- Lenovo Tab 10
- OnePlus 3T
- Two Oneplus 3s
- LG Spirit
- Huawei Honor 5
- Iphone X

The AC and RC connect good and I can fly the drone and take video & move the gimble but I cannot get it to connect to the app. I have yet to try an IOS device since I do not have one. Has anyone else had similiar problems? I could use some help since I really want to have the full functionality of the drone.

Here is a video of the problem

EDIT: Tried it with an Iphone X and it did not work either. Getting kinda annoyed. Thinking about buying a new controller or just a new USB Board for the controller. Any opinions?

Last edited:
According to DJI website none of your devices are compatible.
According to DJI customer support we should buy drones (only DJI) then crash them (at least once a year) and replace them totally at DJI service (and only)..
DJI says only what they want to say and that's not helping any of us in 80% cases we face.
Fly safe.

Reactions: Niemelä
Just tried it with an Iphone X and same story without the USB select menu ofc. Just blinks the battery icon on the phone and doesn't work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr