Phantom 2

Reaction score
I have an old Phantom 2, I bought it at the street market for just 50 dollars, it came complete but without a camera, and the battery was damaged for long runs, it is working perfectly But I'm in doubt because of the camera, it came with a Gopro gimbal, I also noticed that it came with two connectors hanging from the landing gear If I buy a Go Pro camera, can I use it without having to buy a video transmitter or an FPV system?

Assuming you have a good battery that you trust and assuming your gimbal works, you can start the video on the GoPro and then fly around old school with no FPV if you want. I would give it a very low test flight first though. If you're in the USA, you need a RID to be legal, and you need a registration. And you need the TRUST certificate. Good luck.

Reactions: RodPad
I have an old Phantom 2, I bought it at the street market for just 50 dollars, it came complete but without a camera, and the battery was damaged for long runs, it is working perfectly But I'm in doubt because of the camera, it came with a Gopro gimbal, I also noticed that it came with two connectors hanging from the landing gear If I buy a Go Pro camera, can I use it without having to buy a video transmitter or an FPV system?

Search the Forum there is a lot of info on the older P2 units buddy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
orthotutors