phantom 2 wrong gimble, the electonic genie escaped

Reaction score
ok guys, school boy error here

i connected a gimble , to my phantom 2 standard, the gimble isnt the recomended gimble, so the black smoke genie escaped

i removed the chip that got fried ,

funny thing is the drone still flys , still has compass etc

should i just try find a new motherboard ,ebay or second hand etc

or should i just contiune my learning journey of drones and play with it as it is

seems like its fully working, and i wouldt be using a gimble anyway, i will just stick a gopro or something on to take some photos

thanks guys

i can buy a phantom 2 vision motherboard

would this work inside a phantom 2 standard

i can buy a phantom 2 vision motherboard

would this work inside a phantom 2 standard

Yes they are all the same, what gimbal are you trying to use? the original 2.4ghz system had a few types of gimbal, from cheap chinese gopro ones to more expensive zenmuse types, all fit a gopro.

The cheap ones just need connecting to the battery terminals to get power but the zenmuse needs special cabling to get its power

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I used one of the cheap Chinese ones , just connected it straight to the zenmuse cable , then smoke came out , the control chip on the motherboard of the phantom2 burnt , I just soldered it and tested the drone , everything seems to work still , but I doubt the gimbal controls would work again , either way I won’t use a gimbal and just put the go pro on solid ,

I’ll end up getting another motherboard as these days they are quite cheap enough to replace

worked which mosfet i cooked
the q1 = Ao4407A , the main board got a little burnt , so i removed the mosfet and cleaned up the mainboard area, super glued applied to area so with was clean and nothing could short out there

what exactly does q1 do, the drone still powers up and connects to the pc, motors also spin, not had chance to check out it flying so much, but it lifts of the ground

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues