Phantom 2 Vision + (Plus) Coming in April

MacGeek said:
These pictures were briefly leaked on Amazon - the item has since been removed from the site.

31qmT7Mi7oL._SL1500_.jpg

41NU%2BIfsheL._SL1500_.jpg

A 3 axis gimbal!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having 2nd thoughts on getting a P2 with H3-3D. Defo waiting until the NAB starts in Vegas.

Meluk said:
I'm having 2nd thoughts on getting a P2 with H3-3D. Defo waiting until the NAB starts in Vegas.

me too. just canceled my P2 H3-3D order. I figured that they won't be going anywhere anytime soon so I can get it in a few weeks. I want to wait it out and see this new vision. I HATE the current vision. The camera is garbage. But if they can compete with the gopro, a phantom that I can use my iPhone with for FPV is ideal.

Ksc said:
Meluk said:

me too. just canceled my P2 H3-3D order. I figured that they won't be going anywhere anytime soon so I can get it in a few weeks. I want to wait it out and see this new vision. I HATE the current vision. The camera is garbage. But if they can compete with the gopro, a phantom that I can use my iPhone with for FPV is ideal.

Exactly. The main reason for picking the P2 over the P2V was because of the inferior P2V camera.

Although the P2V has some other negatives for myself: less control range with the 5.8ghz, unable to do proper FPV flying - I think analogue FPV (Fatshark kit for example) is still the only real solution still.

NAB Show starts tomorrow...they will have the product there...is anyone going that can report and take real pics...MY new PV2 is still packed away ready for return on Monday.

I just want to know what they have come up with.. I would have thought by now they would have released the news to the media and on their website tonight or int he morning..

Big Chips said:
NAB Show starts tomorrow...they will have the product there...is anyone going that can report and take real pics...MY new PV2 is still packed away ready for return on Monday.

I just want to know what they have come up with.. I would have thought by now they would have released the news to the media and on their website tonight or int he morning..

You may see it on their Facebook. They seem to be good about updating that.

swtc said:
https://screen.yahoo.com/dji-phanton-2-vision-010345953-cbs.html

CNET has a review of it in action, shows new camera, gimbal. $1300 MSRP.

I just don't know. The footage looks just as horrible as that out of a vision camera. I think DJI might have tried to save a few bucks by getting 1080p but thats it. Not 2.7 and not 4k which I know is a lot but there is no reason they couldn't have provided a better camera. I'm thinking the gopro is still the way to go if you want to actually use the video for anything.

swtc said:

The CNET review looks ridiculous. The scene where the reviewer is being chased by the Phantom, is particularly painful.
I see them pushing the "social media" capabilities of uploading your aerial shots during NAB. For a little bit, I thought the camera was better quality, and possibly had a zoom lens. Instead, I think this marketed to someone who doesn't want to deal with the details of FPV, but does have a 3 axis gimbal. I think I am OK with my Phantom 2 and GoPro and Immersion 600MW transmitter for now. I do like the 3rd axis gimbal, but wonder if a 3rd generation Phantom is due out, with some type of landing gear retraction, to make way for an un encumbered view. But the P2Vision Plus doesn't seem to offer me anything I don't already have, with the exception of working with my IPhone or Android, whatever that is worth.

mstuart said:
swtc said:

The CNET review looks ridiculous. The scene where the reviewer is being chased by the Phantom, is particularly painful.
I see them pushing the "social media" capabilities of uploading your aerial shots during NAB. For a little bit, I thought the camera was better quality, and possibly had a zoom lens. Instead, I think this marketed to someone who doesn't want to deal with the details of FPV, but does have a 3 axis gimbal. I think I am OK with my Phantom 2 and GoPro and Immersion 600MW transmitter for now. I do like the 3rd axis gimbal, but wonder if a 3rd generation Phantom is due out, with some type of landing gear retraction, to make way for an un encumbered view. But the P2Vision Plus doesn't seem to offer me anything I don't already have, with the exception of working with my IPhone or Android, whatever that is worth.

agreed. The nice part about the vision is that its more compact. The phantom is the same size but if you were to travel, you wouldn't need a monitor and also a monitor charger and all the extras that are required with the P2. The downside is that it is embarrassing when you show people the footage you captured on a $1200 quad and it looks like it was filmed from a $20 Walgreens disposable pocket camera. If you are just someone looking to post little 10 second clips on Facebook, the vision is the way to go. But unless DJI can find a way to improve their camera, you still can't beat the gopro.

The CNET is quite compressed and certainly not suitable for such harsh reviews. I'm hearing the Plus will offer AVCHD video Which uses a CABAC lossless compression profile, far superior to the compressed MP4 format. Some of us have websites that will allow us to exhibit excellent quality.
You don't have to wish for something negative to justify a decision you make.
With the Plus the bar has been raised. So let's just go forward.

fizzviic said:
I received a briefing on it last weekend from one who has seen it and privy to inside information on the new model. Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to pass on what I have been told, but I can say this. It is much more than cosmetic and look for changes to the camera as well.
Thanks for informing us that you have seen it, and then telling us nothing.

bobomet said:
The CNET is quite compressed and certainly not suitable for such harsh reviews. I'm hearing the Plus will offer AVCHD video Which uses a CABAC lossless compression profile, far superior to the compressed MP4 format. Some of us have websites that will allow us to exhibit excellent quality.
You don't have to wish for something negative to justify a decision you make.
With the Plus the bar has been raised. So let's just go forward.

turns out that the bar wasn't raised much with the vision+. DJI just wanted to collect the money that 3rd party gimbal companies were making. Same camera, just added a gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj