Phantom 2 Vision + Loses Controller signal 50 feet away

Reaction score
I'm hoping you guys can help as I have searched everywhere and cannot find anything on this. 2 weeks ago I purchased a Phantom 2 Vision + from someone. He tested it in front of me and it worked great. I take it home and immediately it loses connection with my controller literally 50 feet away and the phantom flashes yellow and comes back to me. I have performed every single calibration known to man. I have taken apart the controller and it looks fine. New batteries in controller. The lever on the back that controls the camera doesn't seem to work either. I'm so frustrated. Has anyone had this kind of trouble or any suggestions? No power lines or cell towers. Flown it different places with same results. Thanks so much!

You'll find the solution for your gimbal control here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Try re-binding the controller. What is your antenna orientation?

I this digital world binding is like pregnancy, either you are or you aren't, 1 or 0.

The first thing I would do is inspect the Tx antenna connection and the Rx antenna connections.

The quad has two so make sure their both there and have not been severed or nicked along the way to the ends where the active section is.

You'll have to open up each item to do this,

Yeah as poster above said check antenna connections on the quad and RC. You'll want to open up the RC and take top shell off quad.

Make sure no kinks/sharp angles etc etc in the cables.

Im assuming no amplifiers...but if so they will need to be powered on or signal is crap.

I this digital world binding is like pregnancy, either you are or you aren't, 1 or 0.

The first thing I would do is inspect the Tx antenna connection and the Rx antenna connections.

The quad has two so make sure their both there and have not been severed or nicked along the way to the ends where the active section is.

You'll have to open up each item to do this,

This is not true. I have had cameras come in that would not give FPV but the GPS/flight data was still sent. Always try a rebind if you have the ability.

Jeremy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.