phantom 2 vision hovers and fly's with glitches and erratic

Reaction score
hi all
i wonder if anyone with a phantom 2 can help please
i bought this P2 i have charged the battery and the rc
i have done an imu calibration and a compass calibration also calibrated the remote
when the P2 is in GPS mode it tends to be very erratic when hovering for example
i hear the motors change in speed at times and the drone glitches/wobbles around
sometimes the drone looses height the gains height without any input on the throttle stick i have used new props of my phantom 3 advanced
i wonder if the firmware needs to be reloaded back into the P2 and if so were do i get the firmware
and how is it install back into the P2, as i have no experience with the phantom 2 the remote is the upgraded one with the gimbal wheel on the left top of the remote.
I only have experience with the phantom 3 advanced drone.... the assistance software shows this info
Main controller 3.14
GPS 6.0.1.6
Receiver P2 1.0.0.0
P330cb 1.0.2.10
thanks for any help

Last edited:
You can see the expected variances for a hover here: Phantom 2 - The Spirit Of Flight

You say you've done all the calibrations, so if it's hovering outside of these ranges, you might need a new Naza flight controller.

The link above also has FW downloads. Good luck.

thanks for you help
i have re done the software up grade to the drone and rc
but still no luck i am wondering if the latest upgrade software is causing the problem

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20