Phantom 2 vision batteries

Reaction score
Hi can anyone she'd some light on my problem. I have phantom 2 vision and it now returns home when the batteries reach 60%, I have 2 batteries and the same happens with both, batteries hadn't done a great deal of flying hours, any ideals, thanks

How old are they?

We’re they stored at 40-60% charge?

Most likely they have aged to the point where they have lost capacity.

There is no means for rehabilitation to gain more flight time.

I have similar issues with my phantom 2 batteries,they would show 60% charge but then suddenly drop to 10% while flying.The drone would them immediately descend and land.Once another battery dropped to 5% and crashed .
These batteries all show 93% life and 25 discharges but are slightly swollen.

I am really concerned as this could lead to an unpredictable crash , the sudden battery discharge does not regularly happen but has occurred twice so far.

Advice needed please.

First, never initiate a flight with less than a full charge.
Your batts have likely lost capacity and need replacement.

I have similar issues with my phantom 2 batteries,they would show 60% charge but then suddenly drop to 10% while flying.The drone would them immediately descend and land.Once another battery dropped to 5% and crashed .
These batteries all show 93% life and 25 discharges but are slightly swollen.

I am really concerned as this could lead to an unpredictable crash , the sudden battery discharge does not regularly happen but has occurred twice so far.

Advice needed please.

I'm going to assume you have a used P2 and batteries that were not stored correctly is why you are having problems with returning home at 60 percent. You need to replace those batteries as N017RW had suggested.

These batteries are in a soft plastic wrap and will show signs of swelling as they create gas. Now if they were in a hard plastic case you'd never see that happen. That swelling does not mean a battery is bad.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj