Phantom 2 Vision + aftermarket gimbal lock

I asked a friend to make one with her 3D printer.

I am trying hard not to laugh too much.....

You did say 10% fill ?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    251.8 KB · Views: 412
Just received my gimbal lock made by Dave (mitchsden)!

It fits perfectly, thanks bro!

I like that, simple and easy well done m8 nice one.

You selling them ?

:D

falcon20cne said:
lol, yeah! 2shell @ 10% infill, that looks like an adhesion issue, maybe rafts on tape.

Sorry this is all a different language.

Can you explain please. :D

This is take 2 she did but still not right.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    208.6 KB · Views: 350
hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lolol

:lol:

think I will skip the redesigned one thanks !!!

Ok, background, when you take a STL object, which is what I posted, you run it through a slicing program. This program will produce what is called G-code. G-code is nothing more that a xyz (and e in the case of a 3d printer, CNC also uses G-Ccode just created differently) coordinates system. Anyway relating to 3d printing, the slicing app as its called will slice the 3d object into layers and generate the xyze for each layer. Saying 2 shells will tell the slicing software to make the solid sides of the 3d object 2 layers of plastic thick and 10% infill will make the object 90% hollow. When I suggested rafts, that will tell the software to produce additional plastic to help hold down the object during the printing process. Now from this latest pic it seems your friend is using both rafts (the bigger areas at the base and supports (supports help to hold up areas that form above nothing, in other words you cant have free hanging plastic so it create a scaffolding to support it)).

From the look of that pic there seems to be a configuration issue with that printer or the slicing software as it not creating the shells (and most likely the infill) correctly. Is that a reprap printer (home built)? If so I would recommend she start printing calibration cubes until those are almost perfect, just my 2 cents.

Roegie said:
Just received my gimbal lock made by Dave (mitchsden)!

It fits perfectly, thanks bro!

Glad it arrived OK :)

This is what it should look like on the printer, the rafts may look different,
depending on the slicing software.

Attachments

• IMG_1029.JPG
    IMG_1029.JPG
    281.5 KB · Views: 359
I printed one in red... it's absolutely perfect, thank you so much for designing it! Took about 2.5 hours to print on my CubePro.

I just got my 3D printer last week, so I have not tried designing anything from scratch yet.... I have a iPhone 5S sunshade printing right now. :0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav