Phantom 2 LED/ESC one light out

Reaction score
I recently had a flyaway while flying FPV so not sure of the exact cause. Wasn't very far away, high or fast but bent an arm (thus the need for the new shell) and broke my Zenmuse H3-2D mount. I just finished transferring all electronics from original P2 to new shell. I replaced one motor (CW), the one on the bent arm which took the brunt of the crash, and while I was bench testing everything out on first power up and arming to see if all things were working. The motor that I changed is spinning in the CCW direction and the "red" light doesn't come on like the other three (two green, one red). Wondering if that means the esc is bad and could have been the cause of the crash in the first place. I do have a replacement esc for both CW and CCW so I can always swap that out. All solder joints are good and correct compared with the three working ones. What surprised me is that if it is a defective esc I didn't think it would work at all. On any of my other quads when the esc goes nothing on that arm works.

Also, the day of the crash the P2 lost its GPS compass bearing so I did the re-calibration on site, I think I got it right since it blinked green instead of the yellow I was getting before I took off. I should have known better than to fly FPV until I was sure the recalibration was good and maybe I could have avoided the whole incident in the first place. Any advice to my problem is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

John

Hi SamaraMedia,

Just read your post (this is almost six months later). I'm also looking at replacing one of my ESCs, in my case the none of the green LED come on one arm, only the red LEDs for that arm do.

Just wondering how you went with replacing the ESC?

No idea what would of caused your flyaway incident. On my Phantom I switch to ATTI mode which does not rely on GPS. Have never had a flyaway with any of my Phantoms.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj